Payroll Specialist/HR Generalist
Smith Brothers Farms Kent WA | Kent, WA | Full Time
Smith Brothers Farms, a 100 year old iconic Pudget Sound dairy brand, is looking for a Payroll Specialist/Human Resource Generalist. This position is instrumental in growing the HR department as we propel our company into the next 100 years. We are in process of building a lean HR department that has fun working collaboratively together and takes exceptional care of the employees we are here to support.
This role has responsibility for the daily tactical functions of Payroll within the Human Resource (HR) department. This role will have primary tactical responsibility for the complete payroll cycle and payroll administration, as well as new hire onboarding, administering benefits, and leave, and counseling/enforcing company policies and practices.
Some of the fun areas of daily responsibility are:
- Process biweekly payroll including all prep work needed; a solid understanding of state and federal wage and hour law.
- 1st point of contact for new hire onboarding, including preemployment drug test and criminal background screenings.
- Processes and manages Washington L & I claims.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from agencies, applicants, employees, and supervisors, collaborating with the HR Director on complex and/or sensitive matters.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices.
Qualifications needed to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.
- CPP required, PHR/SHRM-CP preferred.
- 3 to 5 years payroll administration experience as well as HR generalist experience.
- Amazing organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience implementing new HR software including ATS, Benefits Admin, HCM and Payroll software. ADP and Paylocity system experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of employment and wage related laws and regulations.
- Expert level Excel skills.
- Optimistic outlook & get it done attitude with a large does of humor on the side is required.
We provide amazing benefits and competitive wages to all employees. This role will enjoy these benefits while having a major influence on both. We are not offering relocation.
If this sounds like a great skills fit for you and your goal to laugh every day at work, please apply!