Order Selector (2nd Shift)
Alpenrose Dairy Portland | Portland, OR | Full Time
Alpenrose Dairy is our brand in Portland, OR and Smith Brothers is our brand in Kent, WA. This posting is for our Alpenrose brand in Portland!
Alpenrose Dairy is a 100 year old iconic Portland brand looking for a career-minded individual searching for growth, a family-oriented environment, and a competitive wage with excellent benefits.
This position will be working in our refrigerated warehouse and will be primarily responsible for order selecting. Experience in food and beverage manufacturing is not required but preferred, especially if that experience includes order picking, refrigerated warehouses, pallet jacks, forklift driving, and hostling tractor trailers.
If any of the above resonates with you, we would like you to join us as we propel the brand into the next 100 years!
This position requires that the individual join the Teamsters 305 union.
Schedule: 2:00 p.m. – 12:30 a.m., four days a week. Days will be determined based on schedules available.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Performing all duties related to shipping, receiving, put-away, replenishment, picking, loading and rotation of products.
- Rotating all products during receiving, replenishment, picking, repacking and returns activities according to Company standards
- Participating in pre-picking and merchandising of products as needed
- Develop and maintain positive, cooperative and team-oriented relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers and others you come into contact with throughout your job
- Maintaining safety, quality, and productivity standards established by management
- Reading order sheet accurately
- Working with warehouse managers and foreman to ensure productivity standards are acceptable
- Completing all other tasks or projects as assigned
Qualifications to be successful:
- 1 + years of warehouse experience including receiving, truck loading, order picking, forklift and pallet jack experience needed.
- Must be able to work in a cooler, lift and push/pull 50 to 75 lbs consistantly and work on your feet 8 to 10 hours a day.
- Safety minded.
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple tasks and meet deadlines, have great organizational skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak English. Must be able to read orders and schedules and documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Work cooperatively with management, colleagues, partners, and most importantly customers and potential customers
- Must be able to maintain a fast, physical pace.
Alpenrose Dairy provides great wages and benefits to all employees. This is a union position. You must be willing to join the union.
Please respond to this post with your work history and/or resume and cover letter telling us why you are the best candidate for this position.