Alpenrose Dairy Portland | Portland, OR | Full Time
Alpenrose Dairy, a 100 year old iconic Portland brand, is looking for an Environmental Technichian. Join us as we propel the brand into the next 100 years.
This position is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the onsite wastewater treatment system, storm water management and assisting with Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) tasks. This role works with our Regional Environmental Health & Safety Manager.
- Run wastewater system generally Monday - Friday; some evenings, evenings and on call schedules may be required.
- Ensure that all aspects of wastewater system are functioning
- Complete daily documentation and chart reporting
- Ensure that probes are calibrated and documented
- Coloborate with maintenance as needed
- Assist in writing SOP's and monthly reports with Regional EHS Manager
- Be familiar with NPDES Permits (training will be provided)
- Facilitate good relationships with vendors and municipalities
- Inspect basins monthly and maintain log
- Gather and present monthly data & lab results to Regional EHS Manager
- Clean basins and occasionally schedule for cleaning with third party
- Collect quarterly lab samples and maintain Chain of Custody (COC) documentation
- Maintain biobags, oil pillows and storm filters
- Comply with all required practices outlined in the company Stormwater Pollution Control Plan (SWPCP)
Environmental, Health and Safety
- This role performs periodic forklift trainings for staff (training certification will be provided)
- Oversee the tracking and storage of used chemicals and containers
- Assist Regional EHS Manager with updating and managing SDS and SOP documents
- Inspect emergency eyewash/shower stations weekly and fire extinguishers monthly
Qualifications needed to be successful:
- Some college courses in related field preferred
- Experience with wastewater and upkeep on the wastewater mechanical systems preferred or industrial mechanincal experience preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs regularly without help and pass pre-employment physical abilities test
- Must be able to bend, stoop, twist and turn in confined areas
- Must be able to walk and stand on concrete for up to 10 hours a day
Alpenrose provides amazing benefits and competitive wages to all employees.
If you want to be part of propelling Alpenrose into the next 100 years, send a cover letter and resume to this posting.