Electrician w/ Supervisor Card
Alpenrose Dairy Portland | Portland, OR | Full Time
Alpenrose Dairy, an iconic 100 year old Portland brand is hiring an Supevising Electrician.
Alpenrose Dairy/Smith Brothers farms is seeking a skilled Electrician to join our Portland Plant Maintenance team. The Electrician is responsible for installing and repairing electrical systems, electronic components of machinery and equipment following NEC, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints and other specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Diagnose, troubleshoot, test, install and repair electrical parts, equipment and systems.
• Safely work with Multiphase, High Voltage and Low Voltage electrical systems.
• Troubleshoot and resolve control networks, instrumentation, PLC (AllenBradley), HMI, VFD, servo and control problems.
Monitoring, appropriate repairs and preventive maintenance of any other equipment that is associated with milk and ice cream production i.e.; casers, stackers, conveyors, fillers, box erectors, and palletizers, freezers, bundlers, HTST’s and Homogenizers.
• Carry and maintain and be the responsible person for Portland Master permit program
• Read and interpret work orders, safety rules, mechanical and electrical drawings,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Working knowledge of National, State, Local building codes, OSHA and standard industry safety rules/regulations.
• Perform prescribed Preventative Maintenance.
• Maintain accurate and complete records, document all work performed appropriately.
• Assist in maintaining parts and supplies inventory by reporting low supply levels.
• Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information.
• Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
• Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
• Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
• Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
• Have Current Oregon state General Supervisor (GS) Or Manufacturing Plant Supervisor License (PS) and maintain required certifications.
• In addition to a GS/PS card, the ideal canidate has three + years of experience as plant electrician in a processing environment.
• Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
• Must be able to stand, walk, kneel, crawl, reach, bend, climb.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and assist others when lifting is necessary.
• Must be able to work in a wet/humid/refrigerated/subzero environment with moderate noise.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
• Effectively work in a team environment.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and respond to urgent repairs.
Alpenrose offers excellent benefits and competitive wages.
Please apply here or at our website. www.alpenrose.com/careers