Director of Operations
Alpenrose Dairy Portland | Portland, OR | Full Time
Alpenrose Dairy, a 100 year old iconic Portland brand, is looking for a Director of Operations. Join us as we propel the brand into the next 100 years.
The Director of Operations will oversee and support all aspects of the operations including dairy plant operations through the loading of trucks in the warehouse. This role ensures policies and procedures are followed which maximize leadership, safety, food safety and productivity. The primary responsibilities for this role are to improve current and future capacity planning, improve production efficiencies and reduces costs. This role will focus on identification of systemic improvements needed for establishing overall operations stability and driving improvement for key objectives.
Some of the areas you will impact and have daily responsibility are:
- Responsible for ensuring Alpenrose Dairy/SBA produces safe, quality, and legal food.
- Plan, organize, direct, and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations
- Oversee all operational activities including milk ordering, raw receiving, processing, packaging and sanitation of all plant products and equipment. Overseeing all warehouses and cooler/load out operations.
- Provide the day-to-day operational leadership.
- Increasing production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Ensures the fulfillment of customer orders within the specifications of quality, quantity and cost.
- Leads compliance with all Safe Quality Food and Food Safety requirements for the plant
- Ensure production of a quality product in compliance with Federal and State guidelines.
- Ensure regulatory compliance as appropriate (OSHA, EPA, FDA, USDA, HACCP, Etc.)
- Develop, monitor and ensure timely completion of operational goals/action plans, both short and long term
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop operational staff.
- Develop and maintain operational work instructions, SOP’s and SSOP’s.
- Analysis of operational results, discussing areas of concern with the management team
- Identify process bottlenecks; recommend and implement solutions for process flow improvement to include capabilities for growth and lead reengineering efforts.
- Define and manage to key performance metrics, including labor productivity, out-of-stock rate, product waste rate.
- Identify technology, systems and tools needed to implement or enhance warehouse management and inventory control systems.
- Manage and train employees, including hiring, performance management, etc.
- Manage to the budget.
- Partner and collaborate internal and external managers and vendors, building strong business relationships.
- Train, mentor and coach team members; building adaptable and flexible teams in a union environment.
Qualifications needed to be successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management, or related field of study
- 5+ years of hands on experience managing a dairy plant operation, preferably with a union workforce.
- Software proficiency as it relates to general business functions, management systems and supply chain activities preferred.
- Optimistic outlook & get it done attitude with a large does of humor on the side is required.
Alpenrose provides amazing benefits and compensation to all employees.
Please respond to this post with your resume and cover letter telling us why you are the best candidate for this position.