Controller - Software Company/Industry - Confidential Search
Accounting | Sherman Oaks, 405 and 101 FWY | Full Time
CONTROLLER (Confidential Search - Software Company)
Employee Title: Controller - Software Company
Are you an entrepreneurial thinker that happens to be in the field and expertise of accounting? Do you see solutions before your peers and command a room as needed? Do you have a very short attention span, need to move quickly and excellent at multitasking when under pressure? Are you cautiously optimistic but need to verify before you grant full trust? Do smooth talking sales people drive you crazy? Do you want to run with a seasoned successful entrepreneur and add strategic value at the C-level while being compensated properly for your contribution?
Company has grown tremendously over the past years and now requires a strong, seasoned and energetic Controller to directly handle the accounting, finance and administrative tasks for the company.
We are looking for a hands-on Controller with extensive experience in a software / tech company employing developers, selling a software product / platform or SaaS, customer contracts & pricing, receivables (high values), vendor contracts and management, banking and cash management, merchant accounts and eCommerce cart, cash flow forecasting and management, and financial / operational reporting.
This is an individual contributor position with minor assistance from a shared resource (for now until the transactions and business volume grow more).
- Accounting activities that include month-end closing, general ledger, invoicing, billing and receivables / collections, payables and expenditure cycle.
- Payroll processing, commission and bonus calculations and processing. Employee benefits, health insurance and administration of 401k.
- Review of customer contracts and pricing. Receivables and managing delinquencies.
- Review of vendor contracts, payments and vendor management.
- eCommerce and credit card transaction processing, merchant accounts and remittances to agencies, chargebacks, refunds, funding escrow accounts, and daily reports
- Banking and cash management, including bank audits and maintenance of credit facilities.
- Internal control and safeguarding cash and company assets.
- Financial and operational reporting – balance sheet, income statement, cash flow, operational metrics (e.g., utilization of resources and recovery rates), board packages and other reports.
- Financial planning, forecasting and variance analysis.
- Purchased and in-house developed software accounting.
- Capital expenditures and management of fixed assets, lease agreements and major contracts.
- Offshore transactions
- Funding and offshore banking
- Oversee offshore transactions and ensuring internal control is in place
- Accounting and consolidation
- Handling and management of confidential records and transactions.
- Management of annual independent audit
- Quarterly sales / income tax payments.
- Liaison with outside tax counsels for income tax preparations, NOLs, multiple state returns.
- Management of capital structure, investor reports, stock options and agreements.
- Other projects assigned by the direct supervisor and the CEO
We offer a competitive compensation base salary and a bonus MBO Based with a generous benefits package that includes vacation time-off, paid sick days, flexible health Insurance, 401K with full 6% matching and generous recognition for outstanding performance. The company also provides employees with internal activities. We also provide a stable and professional work environment.
MUST QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Has at least Controller title (current or past). No accounting managers or senior accountants
- Experience in software / tech / SaaS company selling software to major clients
- Independent and hands-on (individual contributor for now)
- Confident, highly-seasoned and energetic (not laid-back personality)
- Assertive and good communication skills
- Unquestionable integrity and work ethics
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Minimum BS degree in accounting and CPA preferred
- Experienced in preparation of financial statements
- 10+ years accounting experience
- Knowledge of accounting, financial, inventory, and payroll systems required
- Quickbooks, a must.
- Experience with ecommerce and online/credit cards transaction processing and reconciliation
- Strong strategic / budget development, planning, and analytical ability
- Excellent Excel skills including pivot tables, v-lookup, conditional statements, macros
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong people skills
- Familiarity with international accounting and currency exchange issues
- Creative Thinker
- Pass a background check