Controller - Software Company/Industry - Confidential Search
Accounting | Sherman Oaks, 405 and 101 FWY | Full Time
CONTROLLER (Confidential Search - Software Company)
Employee Title: Controller - Software Company
Our Company has grown tremendously over the past years and now requires a stronger, more seasoned and energetic Controller to directly handle the accounting, finance and administrative tasks for the company.
We are looking for a hands-on Controller with extensive experience in a software / tech company employing developers, selling a software product / platform or SaaS, customer contracts & pricing, receivables (high values), vendor contracts and management, banking and cash management, merchant accounts and eCommerce cart, cash flow forecasting and management, and financial / operational reporting.
This is an individual contributor position with minor assistance from a shared resource (for now until the transactions and business volume grow more).
- Accounting activities that include month-end closing, general ledger, invoicing, billing and receivables / collections, payables and expenditure cycle.
- Software development and project accounting.
- Payroll processing, commission and bonus calculations and processing. Employee benefits, health insurance and administration of 401k.
- Review of customer contracts and pricing. Receivables and managing delinquencies.
- Review of vendor contracts, payments and vendor management.
- eCommerce and credit card transaction processing, merchant accounts and remittances to courts, agencies, chargebacks, refunds, funding escrow accounts, and daily reports
- Banking and cash management, including bank audits and maintenance of credit facilities
- Internal control and safeguarding cash and company assets.
- Financial and operational reporting – balance sheet, income statement, cash flow, operational metrics (e.g., utilization of resources and recovery rates), board packages and other reports.
- Financial planning, forecasting and variance analysis.
- Capital expenditures and management of fixed assets, lease agreements and major contracts.
- Offshore transactions
- Funding and offshore banking
- Oversee offshore transactions and ensuring internal control is in place
- Accounting and consolidation
- Handling and management of confidential records and transactions.
- Management of annual independent audit
- Quarterly sales / income tax payments and Tax Planning; Timely coordination with outside tax accountants; Liaison with outside tax counsels for income tax preparations, NOLs, multiple state returns.
- Management of capital structure, investor reports, stock options and agreements.
- Other projects assigned by the direct supervisor and the CEO
MUST QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Has at least Controller title (current or past). No accounting managers or senior accountants
- Experience in software / tech / SaaS company selling software
- Experience in eCommerce and transactional carts including payment processing, gateway and payment processors.
- Independent and hands-on (individual contributor for now; but will manage a shared resource)
- Confident, highly-seasoned and energetic (not laid-back personality)
- Assertive and good communication skills
- Unquestionable integrity and work ethics
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Minimum BS degree in accounting and CPA preferred
- Experienced in preparation of financial statements
- 10+ years accounting experience
- Knowledge of accounting, financial, inventory, and payroll systems required
- Quickbooks, a must.
- Experience with ecommerce and online/credit cards transaction processing and reconciliation
- Strong strategic / budget development, planning, and analytical ability
- Excellent Excel skills including pivot tables, v-lookup, conditional statements, macros
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong people skills
- Familiarity with international accounting and currency exchange issues
- Creative Thinker
- Pass a background check