Home Health Aide (CNA Required)
LPN POSITIONS | Watertown, CT | Part Time and Temporary
We are looking for CNA's in the following areas:
Allumé Home Care surrounds patients, families, employees, and communities with Remarkable Care™. We are a Connecticut licensed home health agency serving Western Connecticut with skilled medical services 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Allumé specializes in continuous, long-term care of children and adults with complex, high-tech needs.
Our mission is to gather, nurture, develop, and match people who love caring for others, with families who need them.
Our core purpose is to surround patients, families, employees, and our community with Remarkable Care. This means doing things Right. Different. Making a difference.
Allumé Home Care is seeking an experienced, Certified Nursing Assistant to join our team!
A Home Health Aide is a certified nursing assistant, CNA, provides health care for clients and patients at home under the direction of a nurse and the orders of a physician. They often help people under their care perform day-to-day tasks and play a vital role at supporting homebound patients.
- Providing remarkable care to at-home patients.
- Providing physical support for patients with daily activities and personal hygiene, including bathing, dressing, getting out of bed, using the toilet, walking, standing or exercising.
- Turning and repositioning bedridden patients.
- Ensuring patients receive appropriate diet by reviewing their dietary restrictions, food allergies, and preferences.
- Performs personal care activities including bathing, shampooing, skins care, nail care, oral hygiene, shaving and dressing
- Performs household services essential to health care at home, including meal preparation, feeding, laundry, light housekeeping, etc.
- Obtaining a wide range of information from physicians, caregivers and nurses about patient condition, treatment plans, and suggested activities.
- Measuring and recording food and liquid intake and reporting changes to medical or nursing staff.
- Recording vital signs, including blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and respiration rate as requested by staff.
- Examining patients to detect issues requiring medical care, including open wounds, bruises or blood in urine.
- Reminding patients to take medications and nutritional supplements.
- Noting observations of patient behavior, including complaints, or physical symptoms to nurses.
- Stay up to date on CNA training and facility policy and procedure.
- Participating in monthly in-services
- Certified Nursing Assistant (Current)
- Successful completion of a written skills test and competency evaluation.
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Minimum of six (6) months work experience in a supervised setting, preferably healthcare facility.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and follow a written Plan of Care.
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Paid Time Off for all Employees (Including Part-Time & Per Diem)
- 6-Month Success Bonuses
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Social Events & Happy Hours
- Career Planning & Support
- Rewards & Recognition