Home Care Shift Nurse $500 Signing Bonus
Clinical Operations | Meriden, CT | Full Time, Part Time, and Temp to Perm
Allumé Shift Nurse
*****ALL SHIFTS AVAILABLE IN SEVERAL LOCATIONS WITH ONGOING COMPLEX CONTINOUS CARE PATIENTS ***** WE WILL TRAIN GOOD NURSES FOR COMPLEX CARE ***
Allumé is looking for a dedicated nurse who seeks the chance to better someone else’s life and provide relief to families. Allumé is dedicated to providing Remarkable Care™ by providing nursing care that impacts others in a positive way. We are looking for someone who is interested in learning the specialty of complex, continuous care, an in-demand and growing area of expertise. This is an ideal opportunity for someone that would like to be a part of a committed care team where your voice is valued and appreciated. Someone who wants to deliver care the “right” way with a team committed to high standards.
- Excellent compensation package
- Shadowing and mentoring program
- Performance-based bonuses
- Opportunities to grow and advance your career
- Regular & flexible hours
$500 Signing Bonus
Allume currently has several shifts available in several locations throughout Western Connecticut. We are offering new hires who complete the onboarding process by January 15th to receive a $500 signing bonus. To receive this bonus, apply today and schedule an interview!
The Mission of the Allumé Shift Nurse is to provide hands-on Remarkable Care™ for a medically fragile child or adult and enhance their quality of life through in-home shift nursing.
1. Complete the Allumé shadowing and mentoring program during the first 90 days of employment, enabling you to feel successful in your job
2. Learn to document using our electronic medical records system and to utilize good documentation to communicate with your team Work together with a nurse mentor to support you in developing a career growth plan
3. Participate in a committed care team for 1-2 medically fragile patients and learn the clinical skills needed to care for their specific needs
4. Demonstrate the ability to handle emergent situations that may arise with medically fragile patients in the field
5. Identify ways to improve and maintain the wellness and well-being of your patients by contributing to their Curated Care Plan - a plan of care specifically designed for their needs (that goes beyond the medical)
- Complex Nursing Care - Nursing care for medically fragile children and adults who may require the following interventions: tracheostomies, ventilators, g/j-tubes, respiratory vest treatments, nebulizers, catheters, etc.
- Shift Nursing - Provides visits or shifts (typically 8-hours) for clients as directed by the RN Case Manager and articulated in the physician-ordered Plan of Care.
- Timely Communication. Communicates information on a timely basis. Communicates verbally, as needed, and through complete and accurate documentation in the clinical record.
- Change in Condition. Communicates appropriate status/condition changes to the RN Case Manager per agency guidelines.
- Clinical Documentation. Completes clinical documentation within 24-hours of shift.
- Reporting. Ensure safe continuity of care by communicating clearly to the next nurse or caregiver of the patient status, stats, activity, behaviors, etc.
- Safety Measures. Recognizes and responds appropriately to potentially unsafe situations. Demonstrates safe practice in the use of equipment. Makes recommendations on improvement of safety.
- Emergency Preparedness. Participate in regular planning and activities to ensure patient safety during any type of emergency.
- Curated Care. Works together with the RN Case Manager to develop the 10 Step Curated Care Plan, incorporating the 6 levels of need.
- IDT Meetings. Participates in regular Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) Meetings for each patient you serve.
- Weekly Check-Ins. Receive support from your mentor of RN Case Manager every week.
- Monthly Mentoring. Meets at least month with Mentor or RN Case Manager to receive support and develop clinically and professionally
- Patient-Specific Skills Training. Participates in all necessary training specific to each patient to ensure competence and safety, including trachs, vents, g/j-tubes, nebulizers, etc.
- Monthly Training. Participates in a minimum of one hour of Allumé in-services training monthly
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. Current license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of Connecticut. Minimum of one (1) year experience in an acute care setting or equivalent experience. CPR certified. Demonstrated written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Licensed driver with automobile insured in accordance with state and/or Agency requirements and in good repair. Has a good driving record.
- Overtly demonstrates one cares about the company, employees, patients, and the larger community.
- Going above and beyond what is expected in everything done, large or small. Noticeably does things above the rest. Elevated excellence.
- Earns trust and maintains confidence. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of best.
- On Time. With appointments, phone calls, patient visits, documentation, deliverables, and projects – able to be on time.
- Attendance. Impeccable attendance. Rarely ever calls out, is never late, and always is where needed when needed.
- Teamwork. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working environment.
- Enthusiasm. Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has can-do attitude.
- Attention to Detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Teachable. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Flexibility / Adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including email.
- Calm Under Pressure. Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
- Work Ethic. Possesses strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- Relationship Building. Capable and interested in building meaningful, successful relationships with co-workers, patients, family, and extended community.
Allumé Home Care surrounds patients, families, employees, and communities with Remarkable Care™. We are a Connecticut licensed home health agency serving Western Connecticut with skilled medical services 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Allumé specializes in continuous, long-term care of children and adults with complex, high-tech needs.
Our mission is to gather, nurture, develop, and match people who love caring for others, with families who need them.
Our core purpose is to surround patients, families, employees, and our community with Remarkable Care. This means doing things Right. Different. Making a difference.