Customer Service Specialist
ADMINISTRATIVE | Watertown, CT | Full Time
Allumé is looking for a customer focused, steady-under-pressure, detail-oriented, administrative professional who is efficient, organized, and conscientious. This is an opportunity to be a part of a growing home health agency committed to bringing Remarkable Care™ to patients, families, and employees.
- Full-time with benefits (Part-time option also could be an option)
- Excellent compensation package
- Performance-based bonuses
- Starting wage of $16-18/hour
The Mission of the Customer Service Specialist is to deliver Remarkable Care™ to every patient, family, employee, and community member with whom s/he interacts.
- Greets all visitors warmly and directs them to the appropriate person.
- Answers all incoming calls in a pleasant and proper manner and directs them to the appropriate person or department. Wherever possible, provides the assistance needed by the caller immediately, without transferring to someone else.
- Opens mail and distributes it to the appropriate person or area. Assists with filing of correspondence or clinical documentation as requested.
- Prepares letters and other correspondence as directed. Assembles mailings and sends them in a timely manner.
- Responds to inquiry calls from applicants or potential patients.
- Directs calls
- Schedules interviews as directed
- Prepares admission packets and new applicant packets
- Mails information to prospective patients, referral sources, and community organizations per request
Fulfillment & Scheduling Activities.
- Enters and maintains shift-nurse and home health aide schedules using AXXESS (our online scheduling system) for services requested and provided to Agency patients
- Checks in paper notes into our Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system upon receipt (by end of day Monday) and ensures accuracy of patient name, MR#, nurse, Axxess task, compliant time in, and compliant time out.
- Reviews clinical documentation to ensure appropriate for billing
- Tracks and reports late documentation to Administrator or Supervisor of Clinical Services
- Take phone calls related to scheduling and make accurate and timely updates to AXXESS schedules as needed
- Ensures that cases are filled within established time frames
- Provides appropriate notification of schedule to employee, patient, contract Agency, supervisor, and others as appropriate
- Monitors overtime and mileage records of employees
- Responds to emergency calls and arranges schedule accordingly
- Take scheduling on-call phone every 3rd week
- Provides direction to direct care employees and communicates with supervisors as needed to ensure safe and effective coverage of patient needs.
- Assigns Agency staff to patients as directed by the licensed professional staff, care plan and service request
- Ensures employees receive complete and accurate directions and information about patient needs as directed by licensed professional staff, care plan and service request
- Reports any scheduling changes and/or patient concerns to supervisor.
- Immediately notifies patient/family and care providers of schedule changes
- Monitors and tracks employee performance in areas of dependability, responsiveness, timeliness, and patient concerns.
- Participates in the evaluation and performance review of field staff
- Verifies time records with schedules
- Follows up with employee on scheduling problems encountered by the on-call staff
- Sends out weekly schedule updates via email to patients/families
- Sends out weekly schedule updates to care providers
- Sends out open shifts twice weekly to our direct care staff
- Participates in determining hiring needs
- Minimizes substitution of employees and maximizes permanent coverage
- Notifies Supervisor/Human Resource Department of staff needs
- Meets with fulfillment to anticipate needed coverage (new patients’ increased needs)
- AXXESS Support Resource.
- Supports the roll-out and ongoing success of the AXXESS Continuous Care eNote
- Learns intimately how to use the AXXESS Continuous Care eNote
- Trains and supports training of field nurses to use the AXXESS Continuous Care eNote
- Acts as a super-user for the AXXESS Continuous Care eNote
- Completes accurate and timely entry of all clinical information as needed
- Enters patient data into system
- Enters, prepares all OASIS transmission to the state
- Prepares, prints and distributes OASIS Validation reports, Adverse Events reports
- Provides administrative support for specific clerical or data entry projects as requested.
- Assists with preparation of charting materials
- Assists with hard copy filing as needed
- Provides back-up assistance or coverage to other support positions
- Provides clerical support to Agency management and supervisory personnel.
- Prepares correspondence, reports, and documents as needed
- Prepares updates to policies and procedures as directed
- Prepares statistical reports as needed
- Maintains inventory of office supplies and medical supplies.
- Establishes Agency standards and appropriate reorder points
- Monitors supply needs and ensures availability of supplies needed
- Prepares patient charge slips as directed and forwards them to the billing department
- Assists with hiring process for direct care staff and other administrative staff
- Participates in initial screening interviews for applicants
- Checks references on applicants
- Assists in coordination of orientation, onboarding, and training activities
- Participate and contribute to weekly meetings including dashboards, wildly important goal (WIG) sessions, revenue generation meetings, and others as needed.
- Participates in in-person, web-based, or other types of monthly training as needed.
- Performs job in compliance with Agency policies and procedures as well as community and professional standards
- Attends meetings and educational programs as required
- Participates in the Agency quality improvement activities
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the job
- High school graduate. College preferred.
- Computer literate for functions of data entry and basic word processing.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Two years office/administrative experience preferred.
- Accurate, efficient, and detail-oriented approach to projects.
- Overtly demonstrates one cares about the company, employees, patients, and the larger community.
- Going above and beyond what is expected in everything done, large or small. Noticeably does things above the rest. Elevated excellence.
- Earns trust and maintains confidence. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of best.
- On Time. With appointments, phone calls, patient visits, documentation, deliverables, and projects – able to be on time.
- Attendance. Impeccable attendance. Rarely ever calls out, is never late, and always is where needed when needed.
- Teamwork. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working environment.
- Enthusiasm. Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has can-do attitude.
- Attention to Detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Teachable. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Flexibility / Adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including email.
- Calm Under Pressure. Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
- Work Ethic. Possesses strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- Relationship Building. Capable and interested in building meaningful, successful relationships with co-workers, patients, family, and extended community.
- Requires the ability to sit, stand for extended periods, turn, and pivot and change position frequently.
- Requires the ability to lift, push, pull, and carry 20-50 pounds frequently.
- Requires the ability to use telephone, computer, copier and business equipment on a frequent basis.
Allumé Home Care surrounds patients, families, employees, and communities with Remarkable Care™. We are a Connecticut licensed home health agency serving Western Connecticut with skilled medical services 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Allumé specializes in continuous, long-term care of children and adults with complex, high-tech needs. Our mission is to gather, nurture, develop, and match people who love caring for others, with families who need them.
Our core purpose is to surround patients, families, employees, and our community with Remarkable Care. This means doing things Right. Different. Making a difference.
Allumé is an equal opportunity employer. We employ the most qualified individuals for all positions within the organization and will provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, creed, sex, national origin, age, handicap, sexual orientation, marital status, or veteran status. Allumé is committed to maintaining compliance with state and federal laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination.