Finance | Watertown, CT | Full Time
Support financial operations for a high-growth home health agency dedicated to Remarkable Care™. Ideal opportunity for someone who wishes to gain full breadth of financial experience and have opportunities for advancement and leadership. Someone who wants to be a part of a thriving, hard-working team committed to the high standard of doing the “right” thing always.
· Excellent compensation package
· Comprehensive medical, dental, vision plans
· Performance-based bonuses
· Opportunities to grow and advance career
The Mission of the Allumé Accountant is to deliver excellent, efficient financial operations to support high volume growth expected over the next 18 months.
1. Be trained to independently perform all accounting functions using our financial operations system (Intacct), payroll system (ADP), and billing system (AXXESS) within 60 days.
2. Independently manage the general ledger within 60 days.
3. Be trained to process payroll, accounts payable, and management reporting within 30 days.
4. Start providing a daily liquidity report and an updated 13-week cash flow projection to Leadership Team within 2 weeks of start.
5. Within 90 days, participate in revenue cycle management process that delivers payment for services within an average of 30 days. This includes Medicare, Medicaid, and Private Insurance.
6. Implement and oversee a budget adherence process within 60 days.
7. Implement trusted systems to track and communicate progress compared to budget on revenues, COGs, gross profit, operations expenses, and net income. By service line, service type, service, patient, payer, and overall.
8. Improve process efficiencies, leverage technology, and document all financial SOPs.
- Roll up sleeves to deliver budgeting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, financial and statistical systems.
2. Support the Leadership Team by providing weekly and monthly reports and analysis that help us track our progress, identify risks, and leverage opportunities.
- Participate in discussions about cash needs, budget issues, and potential risks with Leadership Team.
- Reports financial & census reporting and analysis as needed to the Leadership Team. Able to build reports in Intacct, export to Excel, manipulate data in Excel with high degree of proficiency. Daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Vendor communications and management.
- Manage general ledger including all assets, liabilities, owners' equity, revenue, and expenses.
- Baccalaureate degree in accounting required.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in health care financial management, preferably in the area of home health care OR experience in related field managing and delivering budgeting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, reporting and analysis.
- Knowledge of financial information systems. Experience with Quickbooks, Intaact, or ERP system required.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel required.
- Experience billing through electronical medical records (EMR) systems preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in other Microsoft Office Products required.
- Experience billing Medicare and Medicaid for a home health agency a plus.
- High degree of accuracy and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and meet challenging priorities
- Demonstrate a proficient level of professional skill and/or knowledge in accounting and keep current with developments and trends. Knowledge and ability to use applicable information technology and systems to meet work needs.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management and team.
1. Remarkable Care.
· Overtly demonstrates one cares about the company, employees, patients, and the larger community.
· Going above and beyond what is expected in everything done, large or small. Noticeably does things above the rest. Elevated excellence.
· Earns trust and maintains confidence. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
· Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of best.
2. Teamwork. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working environment.
3. Enthusiasm. Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has can-do attitude.
4. Efficiency. Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
5. Organization and Planning. Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
6. Attention To Detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
7. Persistence. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done. Possesses strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done.
8. Intelligence. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
9. Analytical Skills. Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it.
10. Flexibility / Adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
11. Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including email.
· Health, vision, dental
· Paid Time Off for all Employees (Including Part-Time & Per Diem)
· Sick time
· 6-Month Success Bonuses
· Employee Referral Bonuses
· Social Events & Happy Hours
· Career Planning & Support
· Rewards & Recognition
Allumé Home Care surrounds patients, families, employees, and communities with Remarkable Care™. We are a Connecticut licensed home health agency serving Western Connecticut with skilled medical services 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Allumé specializes in continuous, long-term care of children and adults with complex, high-tech needs.
Our mission is to gather, nurture, develop, and match people who love caring for others, with families who need them.
Our core purpose is to surround patients, families, employees, and our community with Remarkable Care. This means doing things Right. Different. Making a difference.