Vice President, Commercial
Commercial | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, the Vice President, Commercial will define and establish Allogene’s global commercial strategy including the development and execution of a roadmap for launching first-in-class allogeneic cell therapies. You will collaborate with cross functional teams to provide a commercial perspective on clinical. educational, and communications initiatives. You will represent the commercial function on the leadership team and offer critical expertise to impact the overall corporate strategy. This position is based out of our headquarters in South San Francisco, CA.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop long-range strategic commercial plans for the company’s product portfolio.
- Lead and be accountable for commercial assumptions and product forecasts.
- Translate pre-commercial and commercial strategy into tactical functional plans
- Build and manage the company’s commercial functions to ensure that strategic goals are attained
- Participate in cross-functional teams to support effective communications across commercial, clinical development, medical affairs, patient advocacy, publication relations, and investor relations
- Assist in researching, exploring, and maintaining competitive intelligence portfolio
- Deliver commercial operating expenses within budget
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required (MBA preferred) with at least 15 years of progressive commercial experience in a pharmaceutical company
- Successful history of setting and executing the commercial strategy (preferably with oncology products)
- Experience in leading the launch of new products, including forecasting and market analysis
- Proven experience in a rapidly growing, publicly traded company
- Strong leadership, both within the Commercial team as well as the broader organization with the ability to work well cross-functionally and influence across the organization at all levels
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines
- Ability to represent Allogene well externally with strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.