Supply Chain Contractor, Supplier Management (Contract)
Supply Chain Management | South San Francisco, CA | Contract
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Allogene’s Supply Chain organization is building a world class team that is focused on delivering potentially lifesaving therapies to patients. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as Supply Chain Contractor within Supplier Management. This role will be a hands-on role reporting to the Senior Manager, Supplier Management. This individual will have a proven ability to work collaboratively within a matrix environment to support and drive programs around lab supplies category & supplier excellence. They will partner closely with R&D, manufacturing, and QC teams to implement new or improved standards, processes, tools and strategies to enable effective lifecycle management of materials to support Allogene’s clinical and commercial objectives. This is a contract role that we anticipate will be 40 hours a week for 6 – 12 months. This role is based out of our headquarters in South San Francisco, but could also been done remotely from anywhere in the US.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Manage suppliers, including business requirements, sourcing and risk management strategy, supplier selection and qualification, contracting, and performance management
- Collaborate and build productive relationships with internal business partners and stakeholders to enable timely fulfillment of business requirements
- Manage supplier relationships and track performance measures with regular business reviews and reporting
- Ensure timely establishment and administration of supply and quality agreements through close collaboration with R&D, Legal, Procurement, and Quality units to assure agreements are in place and kept up to date
- Collaborate with R&D, QC, and Supply Chain planning units to develop effective supply plan and ensure risk management plan is in place and kept up to date for critical supply and escalate business risks to proper level of management
- Work closely with the Quality units on audit, investigation, complaints, change control and GMP systems monitoring, and follow through with action plan implementation
- Drive continuous business process improvements (e.g., enhancements to the sourcing process, development or revision of key sourcing procedures, documenting processes, etc.)
- Facilitate Executive Reviews and liaises with Quality and PPD risk program managers to develop integrated risk profile
- Responsible for the Risk Assessment process, ensuring that risks are identified, prioritized and mitigated. Identify Critical Materials and High-Risk Suppliers, creates mitigation plans to reduce risk
- Monitor ongoing health of supplier relationships and operations by managing the Vendor Survey program and monitoring vendor KPIs in a dashboard format
- Maintain E2E supply chain maps for all products and key sub-chains
- Leverage and utilize Operational Excellence tools and resources to institutionalize the Continuous Improvement mindset
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred with at least 5 years of relevant experience in an operations role in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- Strong background in biotechnology supply chain risk management and operational excellence methodologies, Supplier Relationship Management, Strategic Sourcing, outsourcing and contract negotiations.
- Ability to develop strategic and collaborative relationships with suppliers and internal customers at all levels of an organization, including, R&D, Finance, Manufacturing, Logistics, Quality, Supply Chain and Facilities
- Problem solving skills with the ability to objectively evaluate and develop executive management-level recommendations
- Very strong leadership, communication and influencing capabilities
- Ability to adapt easily to a rapidly changing environment
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.