Finance | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
About Allogene Therapeutics, Inc:
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a world-class management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
The Staff Accountant will be primarily responsible for the payroll function including managing Allogene’s outsourced full-service payroll service provider and supporting the Finance Team’s general ledger processes. This individual will also support cross-functional teams for certain aspects of equity administration.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Process biweekly and semi-monthly payroll in a fast-paced environment, leveraging full-service outsourced payroll service vendor.
- Review payroll data prior to transmission and validate against confirmed reports
- Perform payroll and related period end close process including preparing journal entries and reconciliations.
- Monitor and process changes to employee stock participation plans
- Prepare and process new equity awards, exercises, terminations and releases on a timely basis for all employees and other equity holders.
- Manage the processing of equity payroll transactions in conjunction with outsourced equity and payroll administrators to ensure timely and accurate completion
- Review and process off-cycle payroll activities such as severance, terminations, bonus calculations etc.
- Participate in system and process enhancements / upgrades
- Support Finance team by preparing period-end close related journal entries and reconciliations as needed.
- Other accounting projects and tasks as assigned.
Position Requirements & Experience:
- 2+ years’ experience in a Payroll function, preferably in a fast-paced SOX 404(b) compliant public company environment
- Associate degree in Accounting or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills and ability to adapt to changes with Payroll system and processes as needed
- Detail oriented and able to effectively organize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Excel in a fast-paced, high-growth, cloud-based environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- NetSuite experience preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact the careers email at www.allogene.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.