Senior Scientist, Flow Cytometry
Process and Product Development | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
About Allogene Therapeutics, Inc:
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Allogene is seeking a highly determined, results-oriented, self-starter who demonstrates personal accountability for outcomes and is motivated by increasing levels of responsibility, to join a dynamic team responsible for successful development and characterization of clinical-scale manufacturing of Allogeneic Chimeric Antigen Receptor T-cell therapies (Allo CAR T™). The successful candidate will help to support appropriate flow cytometry-based analytical methods for the characterization, release and stability testing of CAR T products. This position will also contribute to the development of novel technologies and approaches to meet future CAR T analytical needs and work in close collaboration with key stakeholders, including the CAR T Research and Process Development groups.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Actively contribute to successful and efficient execution of robust, state-of-the-art multicolor flow cytometry methods for the characterization of CAR T manufacturing processes and products
- Provide analytical support for clinical-scale non-GMP IND-enabling manufacturing operations, including qualification of in-process and release methods and assist in tech transfer internally and externally in support of GMP manufacturing and release of clinical material.
- Contribute to project technical teams to ensure effective communication at all levels. Collaborate effectively to ensure productive interactions with all stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrate strong accountability, organizational and interpersonal skills, and apply sound scientific and technical experience.
- Ensure high-quality, timely documentation in electronic laboratory notebooks and technical reports which support regulatory filings.
- Present data/ strategy to scientists and management in internally.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in immunology, cell biology or a related field with 12+ years of experience, Master’s degree with 10+ years of experience, or PhD with 2+ years of experience
- Laboratory experience in a variety of analytical methods for the characterization and release of cell-based therapies, especially multi-parametric flow cytometry-based assays for characterization/ release/ stability testing.
- Hands-on expertise in processing of human peripheral blood mononuclear cells and the isolation and analysis of CAR T cells and T cell subsets and subpopulations.
- Proficiency in data analysis and interpretation using FlowJo and FACS Diva.
- Familiarity with cGMPs and relevant Regulatory Guidance documents.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication to work effectively within a collaborative work environment as an individual contributor and as a team member
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.