Senior Scientist, CAR T cells Research
Research | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Allogene Therapeutics is seeking an independent and highly motivated individual to conduct preclinical studies to evaluate the efficacy and persistence of next-generation CAR T cells in the allogeneic setting. The successful applicant will provide scientific and technical expertise to investigate novel CAR constructs with enhanced antitumor activity. The ideal candidate is an individual who is excited to take on new challenges in a dynamic and highly collaborative environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform in vitro phenotyping of CAR T cells and set up functional assays to evaluate their activity
- Assist in the execution of in vivo studies to assess CAR T cell antitumor efficacy and safety using mouse models
- Cell culture, including cell line maintenance and primary cell culture as needed
- Analysis and interpretation of experimental data
- Work collaboratively with other biologists and protein engineers
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and results
- Train and mentor junior scientists and perform other duties as assigned
- Stay up to date on latest scientific and technology advancements in the field
- Present at group meetings and project team meetings
Position Requirements & Experience:
- PhD or equivalent with 0-3 years of post-doctoral training in immunology or T cell biology
- Academic experience in immunology or cellular biology
- Experience with primary T cell culture is highly preferred
- Experience with immunological assays such as multi-color flow cytometry is highly preferred
- Ability to design and execute studies to evaluate human CAR T cell activity in vitro and in vivo
- Experience with the design and cloning of expression constructs and the use of supporting software (e.g. SnapGene) is preferred
- Hands-on experience in transduction of human T cells preferred
- Knowledge and experience in gene editing technologies including CRISPR/Cas9
- Experience in immune cell isolation and proficiency in flow cytometry-based characterization of immune cells
- Proficiency in the use of software tools to support data analysis tasks (e.g., Prism, FlowJo, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to take initiative, willingness to learn and adopt new experimental skills as needed
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to maintain detailed documentation
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.