Senior Scientist, CAR T Cell Potency Enhancements
Research | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Allogene Therapeutics is seeking an independent and highly motivated individual to evaluate CAR T cell modifications aimed at enhancing efficacy for solid tumor indications. The successful applicant will provide scientific and technical expertise to interrogate genetic modifications that increase CAR T cell potency and persistence, and to advance Allogene’s TurboCARTM technology in solid tumors. The ideal candidate is an individual who is excited to take on new challenges in a dynamic and highly collaborative environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Investigate genetic modifications that may increase CAR T cell potency and persistence
- Design and execute assays to assess CAR T cell activity in vitro
- Design and perform in vivo studies to assess CAR T cell anti-tumor efficacy and safety using mouse models, and to provide technical assistance as needed
- Contribute to a collaborative group effort to advance next-generation AlloCAR T cell therapies into the clinic
- Stay abreast of latest scientific and technology advancements in the field
- Train and mentor junior scientists
- Present at group meetings and project team meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- PhD or equivalent with 1-3 years of post-doctoral training in immunology or T cell biology
- Knowledge of cellular and molecular immunology, as well as molecular biology
- Ability to design and execute studies to evaluate CAR T cell activity in vitro and in vivo
- Hands-on experience in retroviral/lentiviral transduction of mouse and/or human T cells preferred
- Knowledge and experience in gene editing technologies, including CRISPR/Cas9
- Hands-on experience in immunological assays for functional characterization of T cells, including multi-color flow cytometry, ELISA and cytotoxicity
- Experience with mouse tumor models and mouse handling strongly preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact the careers email at www.allogene.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.