Senior Scientist, Analytical Development (Contract)
Process and Product Development | South San Francisco, CA | Contract
About Allogene Therapeutics, Inc:
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Allogene is current seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist to join an exciting team in the allogeneic cell therapy industry. This is a 12-month contract opportunity in the Analytical Development group. This role will be based at the headquarters in South San Francisco, CA.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support analytical development activities for allogeneic CAR T cell therapy products.
- Work on cell-based assay development for drug product process development and characterization
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- MS (10+ years of experience) or Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Molecular & Cell Biology, Immunology or related field required (or relevant experience)
- Experience in similar role in biotechnology industry
- Immunology background is required
- Experience with molecular biology skills, cell culture and cell-based assay development
- Prior experience with verification, qualification and related documentation (SOP, protocol and report)
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.