Senior Scientist-Analytical Development
Process and Product Development | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
About Allogene Therapeutics, Inc:
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at a greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We are seeking a highly motivated and innovative senior scientist to join Allogene’s Process and Product Development Group to support the Analytical Development activities. (S)he will play a key role in CART cell therapy related analytical assay development. The individual will work closely with peers to developing analytical test methods and characterization assays to support our allogeneic CAR T cell therapy products. This role will be based at the headquarters in South San Francisco, CA.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with planning and execution of experiments and associated analysis and reporting, in support of developing analytical test methods and characterization assays for releasing and characterizing T cell therapy products
- Compile documentation (protocols, test methods, reports) to facilitate the transfer of Allogene’s analytical methods to other groups
- Organize, communicate, and present complex data to senior management
- Assist cross-functional activities including hand-offs to various teams, compiling data, and presenting at project meetings
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Ph.D. in biology, cancer immunology, oncology, or related field.
- Prior experience in cell therapy, industry, analytical development preferred
- Expertise in multi-color flow cytometry including panel design and data analysis, T cell functional assays (proliferation, cytotoxicity, cytokine/chemokine release), ELISA, and cell metabolism highly preferred.
- Strong analytical and computer skills are required, including proficiency with basic data analysis programs (Flowjo, GraphPad Prism, JMP.) and application of statistics.
- Demonstrated ability to collaboratively work in a matrix environment, present ideas, both verbally and in writing to diverse audiences including scientific colleagues and senior leadership.
- Hands-on experience working with cutting edge in vitro cell-based assay systems is a plus.
- Up to date knowledge of immune-oncology and immunotherapy for cancer is a plus
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact the careers email at www.allogene.com for assistance.