Senior Scientist, Analytical Development
Process and Product Development | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
About Allogene Therapeutics, Inc:
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Allogene is seeking a Senior Scientist to provide development and analytical characterization support for Allogene’s CAR T programs. The ideal candidate for this role is an individual who has a proven track record of innovation and publication and is excited to take on new challenges in a fast-paced and dynamic start-up environment. This individual will be responsible for analytical characterization, planning and executing laboratory studies, analyzing experimental data, carefully documenting resultant information, and presenting their findings to the team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with a cross-functional team to develop, adapt, remediate, execute, and document analytical methods to study and characterize processes supporting Allogene’s CAR T programs.
- Design and execute method development and qualification in support of lead candidate selection, process development, product release and stability, product characterization, investigation, and process performance qualification.
- Support tech transfer of methods for external QC testing for manufacturing.
- Contribute to development of novel technologies for CAR T.
- Successfully execute and document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail.
- Assist in the development of standard operating procedures, analytical test methods, analytical sampling plans involving immunoassays, and molecular biology techniques.
- Write, review, and edit accurate technical documents.
- Maintain, calibrate, and operate analytical equipment and instruments.
- Work with a cross-functional team to advance the development of Allogene programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Ph.D. or Master's Degree in immunology, molecular and cellular biology or a related discipline, and at least 2 years of industry experience in multi-scale characterization studies is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing of biotechnology products, analytical method development, technology transfer, method qualification/validation, and process development.
- Analytical method development and qualification experience in molecular biological techniques such as quantitative PCR (qPCR) and ddPCR.
- Knowledge and experience with next generation sequencing platforms, informatics tools, and molecular assay design and development.
- Experience with cell therapy products, including T cells, is a plus.
- Demonstrate a strong skill set and knowledge in analytical assay development and assay optimization.
- Ability to follow laboratory procedures with attention to detail and successfully execute experiments at the bench.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.