Senior Principal Scientist/Associate Director, Solid Tumor
Research | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
About Allogene Therapeutics, Inc:
Allogene Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company with a single-minded focus on pioneering the development of investigational allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) products for cancer. Led by world-class management with significant experience in cell therapy, our fully integrated, in-house team of researchers is dedicated to discovery and translational research, development, and cell manufacturing.
At Allogene, we are developing a pipeline of off-the-shelf CAR T cell candidates, with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy faster, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
About the role:
Allogene Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated Senior Principal Scientist/Associate Director to lead the CAR T Solid Tumor Modifications and Enhancements Group. The successful candidate will report directly to the Head of Solid Tumors and build/mentor a world-class team of researchers to help craft and execute on a strategy to enhance CAR T activity in solid tumors. The ideal candidate is an individual who is interested in working in a fast-paced, dynamic and highly collaborative bio-tech environment with a willingness and ability to successfully take on new challenges.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Direct the research and preclinical development of CAR T cell modification programs
- Work collaboratively across teams and functions to implement modifications from concept to clinical candidate
- Design and guide in vitro and in vivo experiments to discover and validate enhancements
- Participate as a member of the Extended Research Senior Staff to help develop and guide strategy across the department
- Lead and mentor a team of scientist, including performance and career development
- Stay abreast of latest scientific advancements in the field and utilize to guide strategy
- Present at group meetings, project team meetings, and external scientific conferences
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- PhD in Immunology or related discipline with 8+ years of post-doctoral research experience, preferable industry drug discovery experience
- Demonstrated track record of successfully leading a group and coordinating multi-disciplinary projects
- Prior experience in the follow areas is strongly preferred, but not required
- Experience developing cell therapy or immune-oncology agents
- Discovery and validation of novel targets
- T cell biology/signaling and the solid TME
- Development and implementation of cell-based functional assays
- Design and execution of in vivo pharmacology studies and experience with immune-competent syngeneic mouse models
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver high quality results within reasonably established timelines
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication and relationship building are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment and quickly adjust if priorities change
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. We also embrace differences in experience and background, and welcome diversity of opinions and thought with active recruitment and internships designed to create a stronger and better Allogene that is focused on developing life-changing products for patients.
Please be aware that the FBI recently issued a warning about an increased number of fake job postings for remote work employment that target applicants' personally identifiable information. All approved Allogene Therapeutics positions are accessible via the Allogene Careers page at www.allogene.com/careers.