Senior Materials Coordinator
Supply Chain Management | Newark, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a world-class management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Allogene’s Supply Chain organization is building a world class team that is focused on delivering potentially lifesaving therapies to patients. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as Senior Materials Coordinator. This role will be a hands-on role reporting to our Associate Director, Supply Chain & Logistics and is based out of Newark, CA but may require periodic presence at headquarters in South San Francisco, CA.
The primary objective for this person is to lead warehouse functional area(s). This individual has significant experience in warehouse operations, technical skills (equipment operation, counting, space utilization, handling efficiency), in-depth knowledge of inventory management systems and software (SAP, WMS, MES, etc.), and strong interpersonal and communication skills. This person would work closely with fellow functional and cross-functional members including Engineering, Facilities, Quality Assurance and/or Manufacturing to achieve team performance goals in the areas of safety, quality, and performance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor team-member performance (safety, quality, performance, attendance) and escalate issues to management as needed.
- Create and distribute daily warehouse reports that includes performance to plan, quality issues, and equipment issues. Records material handling data and information in a clear, concise, format according to proper GDPs.
- Establish goals for each functional area and coordinate job rotations among team members.
- Frequently interacts with management and other functional groups involving cross functional matters. Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Is seen as expert and mentor. Influences and models best leadership, where others "follow" and are not "managed". Often called to lead efforts or projects without oversight.
- Actively participate in quality improvement initiatives with Engineering, Facilities, Quality Assurance and/or Manufacturing teams.
- Support various lean initiatives in the warehouse.
- Review and disposition discrepant material. Implement corrective actions to prevent recurrences.
- Review existing operational and process discrepancies in the warehouse and provide technical expertise to improve procedures.
- Initiation of deviations for non-conforming materials and operational anomalies.
- Completing and reviewing documentation required by process transfer protocols, validation protocols, standard operating procedures, and batch records.
- Follow all corporate, regulatory, safety and production policies and procedures.
- Train, coach, and mentor employees.
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management, Engineering or Chemistry preferred.
- 5+ years of GMP experience in biotechnology industry
- Experience with setting up a lean warehouse
- Proficient in SAP/WMS/MES
- Proficient in training/mentoring other Material Handlers
- Proficient at quality record documentation
- Experience with developing procedures and technical writing
- Inventory control experience (cycle counting, physical inventories) preferred.
- Ability to lift material up to 50 lbs.
- Experience and/or certification in operating material-handling equipment preferred.
- Extensive walking and repetitive physical motion (squatting, bending, lifting, climbing ladders) is required.
- Demonstrates ability to diagnose possible root cause failure modes of warehouse transactions
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact the careers email at www.allogene.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.