Senior Manager, IT Corporate Systems
IT | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
About Allogene Therapeutics, Inc:
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a world-class management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
The Information Technology (IT) department within Allogene is responsible for partnering with functional business groups in the design, deployment, and ongoing support of IT solutions in alignment with business goals and objectives. This position will work cross-functionally to ensure that our critical enterprise applications are providing the required level of value and performance.
In conjunction with those efforts, IT is also chartered with designing and deploying the requisite infrastructure to support those business system capabilities in a cost-efficient manner. The vision of the IT department assumes a very lean and nimble internal team that sets the overall IT direction and standards, while leveraging third-party partners to carry out much of the development, deployment, and support of the solutions. This delivery philosophy is focused on partnering with:
Service providers that possess working knowledge and experience in the life sciences industry, while also being tightly aligned with Allogene’s culture and core values.
- Technology vendors that provide leading Software as a Service (SaaS) and Cloud-based solutions in order to minimize the on-premise footprint requiring support, while enabling the nimbleness required to support Allogene’s rapidly evolving business needs.
This position will work closely with business partners to mesh technology and processes into tangible automated solutions. Key objectives of the role will be to work cross-functionally to build, deploy, and support business critical applications that support the current and future operational requirements of Allogene Therapeutics. The successful candidate will Provide key support and partnership in the deployment and support of systems in support of organizational processes & capabilities. Success for this position will be measured by key metrics associated with operational efficiency gains, effective cross-functional and cross-application integration, and on-time / on-budget project delivery.
Key Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Works with their business counterpart, to support and where necessary lead the technical delivery of IT solutions approved within the portfolio.
- Contributes to the 3-year IT Roadmap and system inventory, aligning them with the budget process.
- Analyzes and documents key business requirements and facilitates the delivery of automated solutions in accord with the approved project and enhancement schedule
- Partners with the Validation / QA organization to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Prepares system configuration and deployment cost estimates, budgets, and schedules.
- Participates in the evaluation / recommendation of new technologies or capabilities that can be applied across the business.
- Reviews current status of business system capabilities and prepares recommendations for system improvements.
- Provides architectural guidance and oversight across projects and technology platforms, ensures guiding principles and technology standards are followed, and leads the Phase Gate reviews.
- Works with the Infrastructure team to ensure system life cycle documentation is up to date.
- Conducts ongoing research into industry and technology trends. Evaluates, summarizes and presents key trends with potential to impact IT capabilities.
- Partners with 3rd party vendors to understand and plan for application technology roadmaps and support services.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required, MBA or equivalent work experience desired.
- Minimum 4-6 years’ work experience, preferably within the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Broad IT management experience, with emphasis on Life Sciences-related systems delivery required.
- Experience with the use of SDLC methodologies in project delivery required.
- Understanding of SOX and GxP controls, experience in an FDA-regulated environment is required.
- Experience across Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Plant Floor Manufacturing (MES), Budgeting & Forecasting, and Supply Chain Planning Systems.
- Experience with Serialization, ePedigree requirements required.
- Ability to work directly with business partners and end users to generate consensus around technical directions.
- Ability to analyze complex business problems and evaluate solutions.
- Ability to translate complex technical issues into business terms.
- Contributes to setting the overall IT department agenda and operating practices.
- Works to develop well-rounded personnel via complete and actionable development plans.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and business partnering skills.
- Superior organization, planning, and project management skills.
- Strategic mindset with strong analytical foundation.
- Ability to drive continuous improvement across the organization.
- Ability to facilitate and resolve conflicts at both the project and staff level.
- Ability to operate in a cross-functional / matrix environment.
- High level of personal integrity consistent with Allogene’s values.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact the careers email at www.allogene.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.