Senior Manager, External Supply
Supply Chain Management | Philadelphia, PA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics is a biotechnology company with a mission to catalyze the next revolution in cancer treatment
through the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T-cell (CAR T) therapy directed at blood cancers
and solid tumors. Founded and led by former Kite Pharma executives who bring unrivaled clinical development
acumen in cell therapy, Allogene is well-positioned to further the potential of allogeneic cell therapy for patients.
Allogeneic CAR T therapies are engineered from cells of healthy donors and stored for “off-the-shelf” use in patients.
This approach eliminates the need to create personalized therapy from a patient’s own cells, simplifies
manufacturing, and reduces the time patients must wait for CAR T treatment. The Allogene portfolio includes 16 preclinical T cell therapy assets and UCART19, an allogeneic CAR T therapy currently in Phase 1 development for the
treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). Through its notable partnerships, Allogene leverages pioneering
technology platforms, including TALEN® gene editing technology, to progress its portfolio of immuno-oncology
therapies. Allogene, with headquarters in South San Francisco, California, is a Two River portfolio company formed with one of the largest Series A financings in biotechnology from an investment consortium which includes TPG, Vida
Ventures, BellCo Capital, the University of California Office of the Chief Investment Officer, and Pfizer. For more
information, please visit www.allogene.com, follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
The position will manage key vendor relationships for contract manufacture of CART therapeutics and related materials including technical, logistic and financial aspects. The position is remotely based and will require travel to the Philadelphia/Washington/Maryland areas. The position reports to the Sr. Director of External Supply at Allogene.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees operational contract manufacturing operations in coordination with Allogene process sciences
- Works with QA/legal/finance to qualify vendors for use according to Allogene practices
- Manages outsourcing budget associated with contracts
- Monitors performance of CMOs
- Organizes and facilitates meetings between CMOs and Allogene by videoconference, teleconference, or in person
- Participates in the preparation of Technology Transfer Plans and Reports
- Participates in the quality/compliance audits of CMOs
- Manages contracts to completion and all aspects of account management for outsourced projects
- Ph.D. or MS in Biochemistry, Cell biology, Immunology or related field required (or relevant experience)
- 5-10 years of experience in similar role in biotechnology industry
- cGMP and regulatory submission experience
- Cross functional knowledge of Quality, Regulatory and Clinical operations
- Experience in managing outsourcing contracts and/or in participating in technology transfer activities to CMOs
- Experience organizing complex series of activities as well as multiple-site meetings when required: Works across zones, lines, and sites. Must work in matrix team environment to get most out of people who are not direct reports
- Willingness to undertake travel, both domestic and international: travels to Allogene and contractors for meetings, technical evaluations, and audits
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions
regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and
expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable
federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503
of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact
us through our careers website for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.