Senior Manager / Associate Director, Warehouse Operations
Supply Chain Management | Newark, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Allogene’s Supply Chain organization is building a world class team that is focused on delivering potentially lifesaving therapies to patients. We are seeking a highly motivated leader to join us as a Senior Manager / Associate Director, Warehouse Operations. This role is based out of Newark, CA but may require periodic presence at headquarters in South San Francisco, CA.
The primary objective for this person is to lead GMP warehouse functional areas, including receiving, inventory control, materials management, and distribution. This individual must have significant experience in warehouse operations, technical skills (equipment operation, counting, space utilization, handling efficiency), in-depth knowledge of inventory management systems and software (SAP, WMS, MES, etc.), and strong interpersonal and communication skills. This person would work closely with fellow functional and cross-functional members including Engineering, Facilities, Quality Assurance and/or Manufacturing to achieve team performance goals in the areas of safety, quality, and performance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the warehouse operations team, ensuring safe, compliant execution of the on-the-floor warehouse operations in the cGMP commercial facility including receiving, put away, picking and component preparation for manufacturing and product shipping.
- Monitor performance by leading daily huddles (safety, quality, cost, performance, etc.) Investigate and resolve operational problems and/or compliance issues utilizing problem solving techniques (CFA/RCA, 5Why, Fishbone, KT, etc.,) to determine root cause.
- Implements corrective and preventative actions based on cross-functional problem solving and investigation findings.
- Adept at developing visual management tools to provide status updates on organizational performance.
- Establish goals for each functional area and coordinate job rotations among team members.
- Frequently interacts with cross functional members of plant management.
- Creates capacity and workforce planning tools to preemptively identify constraints and risks.
- Development of training matrix and training plan.
- Oversee cycle count process to ensure accuracy and control of inventory volumes.
- Maintains inventory control throughout the Newark warehouse for all materials; per applicable procedures partners with cross-functional teams to ensure that ABC coding is periodically reviewed and accurate.
- Ensures that policies and procedures are in compliance with OSHA Standards.
- Ability to effectively lead continuous improvement and CAPEX projects with cross-functional team support.
- Accountable for process discrepancies in the warehouse and provide technical expertise to improve procedures.
- Initiation of deviations for non-conforming materials and operational anomalies.
- Accountable for reviewing and in some cases owning documentation associated with transfer protocols, validation protocols, standard operating procedures, and batch records.
- Leads internal and external audits, as well as SOX compliance audit reviews associated with internal controls.
- Train, coach, and mentor employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management, Engineering or Chemistry preferred.
- 10+ years of GMP experience in biotechnology industry
- 5 or more years supervisory experience
- Experience with setting up a lean warehouse
- Proficient in SAP/WMS/MES
- Proficient in training/mentoring
- Proficient at quality record documentation, including managing investigations
- Experience with developing procedures and technical writing
- Inventory control experience (cycle counting, physical inventories) preferred.
- Ability to lift material up to 50 lbs.
- Experience and/or certification in operating material-handling equipment preferred.
- Extensive walking and repetitive physical motion (squatting, bending, lifting, climbing ladders) is required.
- Demonstrates ability to diagnose possible root cause failure modes of warehouse transactions
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly visible and dynamic environment is critical; able to work effectively with ambiguity and incomplete information.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.