Senior Manager/Associate Director, Global Transportation
Supply Chain Management | Newark, CA | Full Time
About Allogene Therapeutics, Inc:
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Allogene’s Supply Chain organization is building a world class team that is focused on delivering potentially lifesaving therapies to patients. We are seeking a highly motivated leader to join us as Sr. Manager/Associate Director, Global Transportation Warehouse Operations & Logistics. This role will be a hands-on role reporting to our Associate Director, Supply Chain & Logistics and is based out of Newark, CA but may have flexibility to be remote.
The primary objective for this person is to lead the advancement of Allogene’s cold chain transportation network. The candidate will be responsible for establishing and executing on the long-term strategy for Global Transportation and Logistics. Additionally, this leader will be responsible for defining global network strategies including the development and implementation of global policies and procedures.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, champion, and implement an optimized global network strategy for technology enabled global transportation.
- Drive the development and implementation of innovative packaging, cold chain technologies, and related equipment & processes for Allogene’s pipeline products
- Establish and own policies and procedures associated with cold chain management and distribution at Allogene and Allogene CMO, and/or 3PL sites
- Maintains network risk assessments, monitors courier adherence to applicable service level agreement(s), statement(s) of work, quality agreement(s), and/or master service agreement(s).
- Develop and manage functional budget
- Own the measurement and tracking of functional KPI’s and business analytics to improve efficiencies, costs, and performance
- Identify, develop, and implement best practices across Allogene’s cold chain network in conjunction with creating a collaborative environment of customer-focused continuous improvement and operational excellence
- Primary interface with customs brokerage, ensuring accurate and timely commodity information is submitted for import or export purposes
- Collaborates with Supplier Management to establish and maintain competitive pricing structures and contract terms
- Business process owner for Transportation and Trade Compliance
- Monitors compliance to Allogene’s policies, procedures, requirements and guidelines, i.e. functional timely completion of training
- Support investigations, identify root cause for critical deviations during process validation and determine CAPA for manufacturing
- Accountable to stakeholders and customers for on time and in full delivery schedule adherence
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Operations or Research and 10+ years of experience within a regulated healthcare industry managing cold chain shipments and trade operations related
- 10+ years of relevant work experience within the healthcare industry managing global managing specialty transportation couriers, freight forwarders, as well as integrated transportation service providers, (e.g. logistics, planning, or supply chain experience, in a pharmaceutical or biotech company)
- Strong understanding of global pharmaceutical regulatory requirements; working knowledge of cell and/or gene therapy preferred.
- Experience working effectively with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience in the development, implementation and use of ERP systems a plus
- In depth knowledge of material requirements planning and production scheduling
- Working knowledge and understanding of international pharmaceuticals shipping requirements
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within established timelines
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.