Senior Manager / Associate Director, FP&A
Finance | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a world-class management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, FP&A, the Senior Manager/Associate Director will be the FP&A business partner to the R&D team, including Research and Clinical. This position is based out of our headquarters in South San Francisco, CA.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Responsible for supporting and serving as the strategic and operational FP&A business partner for our R&D teams
- Produce robust, proactive financial analysis for business partners and applicable workstreams
- Develop, plan, and coordinate budgets/forecasts and provide regular actual reporting and variance analyses to R&D function and cost center managers to enable decision making and alignment to company objectives
- Assist in accounting processes related to Clinical, Translational Sciences, Research, and other R&D teams from both forecasting and close perspectives
- Work closely with R&D to forecast and track activities for internal functions and external vendors as part of period close process
- Assist with the preparation and presentation of quarterly and/or periodic senior management team financial review packages
- Build analytical frameworks and forward-looking models to enable quality decision-making
- Identify and implement process development and improvement relating to budgeting, forecasting, period close process, ERP implementation, and financial reporting
- Participate in other ad hoc projects, roles, and workload sharing between Finance, Corp Dev and Accounting as appropriate
- Help attract, recruit and train top talent into the organization
- Help to promote a culture of excellence and to instill best practices across Finance and Accounting
- Influence, motivate and collaborate with key business partners and stakeholders across levels
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) with at least 6-8 years of experience in a similar role preferably in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry; MBA preferred
- Highly proficient in Excel (including the ability to perform pivot tables and complex functions and formulas, such as SUMIF and VLOOKUP) and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated experience utilizing enterprise-grade, commercial ERP systems and reporting software; Adaptive Insights, SAP, and NetSuite experience a plus
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP)
- Detail-oriented with the ability to analyze and synthesize large amounts of data for reporting and problem-solving
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
- Proactive and can-do attitude
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact the careers email at www.allogene.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.