Senior General Ledger Accountant
Finance | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a world-class management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
The Senior GL Accountant is a growth-oriented position supporting day-to-day accounting operations and period end close activities. This position will also maintain effective internal controls and ensure accounting activities are GAAP compliant. A successful candidate is a proactive listener, has a strong work ethic, and thrives in a collaborative environment. This position reports to the Manager, Accounting Operations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform periodic financial close activities including journal entry preparation and account reconciliations including cash, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, and accrued expenses
- Prepare documentation and provide support required for SOX testing, ensuring all relevant documentation is completed and provided to internal and external auditors
- Assist with audit requirements and management reporting metrics
- Collaborate with FP&A and various departments to support business initiatives
- Participate in system and process enhancements / upgrades in collaboration with IT
- Assist with ad hoc analyses and projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- BA or BS degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years accounting experience at a SOX(b) compliant public company or regional / Big 4 public accounting firm.
- Strong knowledge and experience in U.S. GAAP and SOX 404(b) compliance.
- Detail oriented and able to effectively organize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Excel in a fast-paced, high-growth, cloud-based environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Outlook)
- CPA or equivalent preferred
- NetSuite experience preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact the careers email at www.allogene.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.