Senior Director, Translational Science
Translational Sciences | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Allogene is seeking a Senior Director of Translational Science to craft and execute strategy for immuno-oncology and translational research covering the drug development continuum. The ideal candidate for this role is an individual who is excited by new challenges in a fast-paced and dynamic start-up environment. This individual will be responsible for bioinformatics and will be responsible for applying bioinformatics strategies to the Translational Bioassays program that spans traditional (e.g., tissue imaging, flow cytometry) and cutting-edge molecular technologies to support forward and reverse translational science.
- Establish an innovative bioinformatics strategy and roadmap with an emphasis on leveraging translational science in pursuit of cell therapy as oncology therapeutics
- Establish quality and validation processes for translational sciences data
- Provide guidance to align data structures and analysis across research functions
- Establish a network of external scientific advisors and collaborators to engage with executive and project teams in alignment with the core research strategic pillars
- Provide guidance to project teams regarding the application of bioinformatics strategies and translational data enabling clear go-no/go decision points in early clinical development
- Work closely with the overall oncology R&D community within Allogene to align on overall oncology strategies and goals and evaluate external opportunities
- PhD and/or MD in relevant field of biomedical research
- A senior researcher with 15+ years of relevant industry or academic experience in all phases of drug development and with extensive experience in bioinformatics and translational science
- A recognized expert in drug development and forward and reverse translational science
- A recognized expert in bioinformatics and data science
- Education, training, or experience in cell and gene therapy a plus
- Excellent understanding of clinical development and regulatory processes
- Must be able to collaborate and work with other departments such as Clinical, Commercial, Finance, Research & Development, Manufacturing, and Supply/Purchasing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.