Senior Director, Development and Commercial Strategy
Corporate and Business Development | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Director, Development and Commercial Strategy to join our Corporate and Business Development Team. This leader will have the opportunity to develop the clinical development and early commercial strategy associated with our broad pipeline of AlloCAR T programs. You will work closely with others in numerous functional areas, including with the Research & Development, Finance, and Corporate Development teams. This position will report to the VP of Corporate Development and is based out of our headquarters in South San Francisco, CA.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides market insight and advice to guide R&D and early commercial strategy
- Works cross-functionally with asset teams to optimize strategies for target product profile and life cycle management, including value assessment of next-generation technology, new indications, label enhancements and global positioning
- Supports the development of revenue and financial forecasts associated with development programs and identifies key strategic levers tied to investment decisions
- Leads, maintains and analyzes competitive intelligence portfolio
- Supports business development to assess commercial viability and strategic fit of new technologies or products
- Presents market, competitive and strategic insights and recommendations to senior management
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required (MBA preferred) with at least 10 years of progressive strategy experience in a biopharmaceutical company
- Successful history of developing strategy (preferably with oncology products)
- Experience with the launch of new products; exposure to full life cycle management desirable
- Proven experience in a rapidly growing, publicly traded company
- Strong leadership, including across the broader organization with the ability to work well cross-functionally and influence across the organization at all levels
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines
- Ability to represent Allogene well externally with strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact the careers email at www.allogene.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.