Senior Associate Scientist/Scientist, Cell and Molecular Biology
Product Sciences | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a world-class management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy faster, more reliably and at greater scale to more patients.
AlloCAR T™ cell therapies are engineered from cells of healthy donors, which is intended to allow for creation of inventory for on demand use in patients. This approach is designed to eliminate the need to create personalized therapy from a patient’s own cells, simplify manufacturing, and reduce the time patients must wait for CAR T cell treatment. The Allogene portfolio includes rights to 16 pre-clinical CAR T cell therapy targets and UCART19, an AlloCAR T™ therapy candidate currently in Phase 1 sponsored by Servier for the treatment of relapsed/refractory acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We are seeking a Senior Associate Scientist/Scientist to join the Process and Product Development organization, to develop rapid methods and evaluate new technologies for detection of adventitious agents in the context of cell therapy product manufacturing.
This individual will advance development, qualification and transfer of rapid methods for detection of viruses. This position will be responsible for communicating with internal and external collaborators.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and execute experiments to advance implementation of rapid detection methods for viruses
- Author and review internal technical reports
- Provide expertise to troubleshoot issues related to adventitious agent detection methods
- Support strategy for adventitious agent control in raw materials and manufacturing process
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- BS/MS in molecular biology or related discipline with 2+ years of relevant experience in assay development in Cell/ Gene therapies or related field required (or relevant experience)
- Experience with development and evaluation of rapid methods for virus detection
- Perform analytical experiments to support process and technology development
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact the careers email at www.allogene.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.