Senior Associate Scientist, Next Generation CAR T Cells
Research | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Allogene Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated Senior Associate Scientist to design and conduct preclinical in vitro studies to evaluate allogeneic technologies for development of universal, off-the-shelf chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cell therapies. The candidate will be a contributing member of the collaborative allogeneic program and support characterization of lead immune evasion strategies for clinical development.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Execute in vitro studies to support IND-enabling data packages.
- Generate CAR T cells and characterize their phenotype and function in vitro.
- Support studies to assess approaches for mitigating allorejection of CAR T cells.
- Support studies to assess efficacy of immune evasive CAR T cells for killing of tumor lines.
- Provide critical lab support and contribute to a collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and results.
- Present at group meetings and project team meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in cell biology, immunology, or related discipline with 3+ years of experience, or Master of Science degree with 1+ years of experience in academic or industry setting.
- Prior experience with multicolor flow cytometry and analysis using software such as FlowJo is strongly preferred.
- Direct experience cell culture with primary or transformed cells including general maintenance, cryopreservation, transfection, and lentiviral transduction is strongly preferred.
- Experience with gene editing techniques (e.g. TALEN, CRISPR/cas9, etc.) is preferred but not required.
- Direct experience with functional in vitro assays for T cell characterization including in vitro cytotoxicity, proliferation, and cytokine release is preferred.
- Exhibits exceptional attention to detail with ability to learn new laboratory skills as needed and perform complex experiments are essential.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to plan/prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.