Senior Associate Scientist, Next-Generation CAR T Cells
Research | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
About Allogene Therapeutics, Inc:
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Execute in vitro and in vivo studies to support IND-enabling data packages.
- Generate CAR T cells and characterize their phenotype and function in vitro.
- Support studies to assess approaches for mitigating allorejection of CAR T cells.
- Support studies to assess efficacy of CAR T cells in orthotopic tumor models.
- Provide critical lab support and contribute to a collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Design and perform experimental plans with minimal guidance, document laboratory procedures and analyze and record data.
- Present at group meetings and project team meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology or related discipline with 5+ years of experience, or Master of Science degree with 2+ years of experience in academic or industry setting.
- Experience in molecular biology, cellular biology, or immunology.
- Experience working with mice is strongly preferred; injection techniques (e.g., i.v., i.p., and s.c.), blood collection, and tissue processing.
- Basic knowledge and experience of multi-parametric flow analysis is strongly preferred.
- Direct experience with tissue culture of cell lines and primary cells.
- Experience with T cell isolation, expansion and transduction with lentiviral vectors is preferred.
- Direct experience with in vitro assays for T-cell characterization including in vitro cytotoxicity, proliferation, and cytokine release is preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of software tools to support data analysis (e.g., Prism, FlowJo).
- A willingness to learn and adopt new experimental skills as needed is essential.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.