Finance | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
About Allogene Therapeutics, Inc:
Allogene Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company with a single-minded focus on pioneering the development of investigational allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) products for cancer. Led by world-class management with significant experience in cell therapy, our fully integrated, in-house team of researchers is dedicated to discovery and translational research, development, and cell manufacturing.
At Allogene, we are developing a pipeline of off-the-shelf CAR T cell candidates, with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy faster, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
The Senior Accountant is a growth-oriented position supporting accounting operations, period end close, and financial reporting activities. This position will be a key stakeholder in maintaining SOX 404(b) internal control and US GAAP compliance. A successful candidate is a proactive communicator, has a strong work ethic, and thrives in a dynamic environment. This position reports to the Associate Director, Accounting Operations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform financial close activities such as journal entry preparation and account reconciliations for treasury, procure-to-pay, and fixed assets processes
- Prepare control documentation and support required for SOX testing, ensuring all relevant documentation is completed and provided to internal and external auditors
- Assist with audit requirements and management reporting metrics
- Collaborate with FP&A and various departments to support business initiatives
- Participate in system and process enhancements / upgrades in collaboration with IT
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- BA or BS degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years accounting experience at a SOX 404(b) compliant public company or regional / Big 4 public accounting firm
- Strong knowledge and experience in U.S. GAAP and SOX 404(b) compliance
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Detail-oriented with strong communication and analytical skills
- Excels in a fast-paced, high-growth, cloud-based environment
- Able to effectively prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- SAP S/4 HANA or other equivalent ERP experience preferred
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. We also embrace differences in experience and background, and welcome diversity of opinions and thought with active recruitment and internships designed to create a stronger and better Allogene that is focused on developing life-changing products for patients.