Scientist, Virus Production and Purification
Research | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
About Allogene Therapeutics, Inc:
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Allogene Therapeutics is seeking an experienced Scientist with expertise virus production and purification to join the Research Department. This individual will have the opportunity to be a contributing member of our collaborative team and gain valuable experience in genome editing and CAR T cell production and characterization as they support the preclinical development of our next-generation CAR T cell therapies. The ideal candidate is an individual who is excited to take on new challenges in a dynamic start-up environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and perform experiments to optimize the production and purification of AAV to support site specific integration of transgenes
- Perform in vitro molecular and cell-based assays to evaluate cell engineering technologies
- Generate CAR T cells and characterize their phenotype and function in vitro
- Provide critical lab support and contribute to a collaborative team-oriented environment
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and results
- Present at group meetings and project team meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in cell biology, immunology, or related discipline with at least 4 years of relevant lab experience in academic or industry setting (or a Master’s of Science degree with at least 2 years of experience)
- Cell culture experience with primary or transformed cells including general maintenance, cryopreservation, transfection, and viral transduction
- Experience with AAV production and purification
- Experience with gene editing techniques (e.g. TALEN, CRISPR/cas9, etc.), multicolor flow cytometry and analysis using software such as FlowJo and/or FPLC purification (AKTA system) are preferred
- Experience with molecular biology including construct design, cloning, qPCR and the use of supporting software (e.g. SnapGene, Vector NTI, Lasergene, etc) and/or prior experience in the field of cellular therapies are preferred
- Self-motivated, exhibit exceptional attention to detail, be able to learn new laboratory skills as needed and perform complex experiments are essential
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to plan/prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.