Scientist/Sr. Scientist, Cell Engineering Research
Research | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
The identified candidate will work in the Cell Engineering Research team and contribute to the assessment of gene editing methodologies for implementing cell engineering strategies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The candidate will perform experiments to develop, evaluate, and improve cell engineering technologies, including multiplex gene editing using programmable nucleases and site-specific integration of transgenes using viral and non-viral delivery systems
- Perform in vitro molecular and cell-based assays to evaluate cell engineering technologies required for the project and analyze the resulting data
- Successfully execute and document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail
- The candidate must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in the form of written reports, aid in drafting protocols and experimental design, and produce data for regulatory documentation to support the clinical development of our therapies
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- A PhD or MS degree in the following fields in required: Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Immunology, Genetics, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry or similar
- A candidate holding a MS degree is required to have 5+ years of experience (experience in industry highly preferred); a candidate holding a Ph.D. is required to have 0-4 years of post-graduate work in academia or industry
- Experience with the use of TALEN, ZFN, CRISPR-Cas9, or similar required
- Experience with molecular cloning, construct design, and the use of supporting software (e.g. SnapGene, Vector NTI, Lasergene, etc) required
- Experience with primer/probe design and Taqman qPCR or ddPCR required
- Experience with genomic sequence analysis and supporting software required
- The preparation and use of viral vectors such as lentiviral vectors and AAV highly preferred
- Experience with the design and cloning of homology directed repair templates highly preferred
- Experience in analysis of gene editing data using methodologies such as NGS and Sanger sequencing is highly preferred
- The culture, maintenance, and genetic manipulation of primary cells such as HSCs, T cells, and/or iPSCs highly preferred
- Prior experience in the field of cellular therapies preferred
- Ability to perform multi-parameter flow cytometric analyses is preferred
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills required
- The candidate must be self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Excellent critical thinking and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines
- Ability to work independently as well as demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and across functions/departments
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.