Scientist, Solid Tumor CAR T Cell Research
Research | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
About Allogene Therapeutics, Inc:
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Allogene Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated Scientist or Senior Scientist to design and conduct preclinical in vitro and in vivo studies to evaluate allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cell therapies. The candidate will provide scientific and technical expertise to drive research programs into early clinical development and contribute to the development of next-generation CAR T cell therapies. The ideal candidate is an individual who is excited to take on new challenges in a dynamic start-up environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and execute in vitro and in vivo studies to assess the phenotype, antitumor activity and safety profile of lead CAR T cell products.
- Contribute to the development of next-generation allogeneic CAR T cells for solid tumors.
- Utilize a broad range of ex vivo and in vitro functional and phenotypic assays to compare and evaluate lead therapeutic candidates
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and results.
- Stay abreast of latest scientific and technology advancements in the field.
- Train and mentor other scientists in the group as needed.
- Present at group meetings and project team meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Master’s Degree with 3+ years of relevant experience in cancer immunology/immunotherapy, oncology or molecular biology OR Ph.D. in the related field
- Experience in developing and/or testing CAR T cells in vitro and/or in vivo is preferred but not required
- Background/understanding of cancer therapeutic targets, target discovery, and validation is preferred but not required
- Experience working with mice is strongly preferred; injection techniques (e.g., i.v., i.p., and s.c.), blood collection, and tissue processing.
- Expertise in culture and functional characterization of T cells, including flow cytometry-based phenotyping, cytokine release, cytotoxicity and proliferation assays, is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to perform hands-on experiments and maintain detailed documentation.
- Pro-active attitude and strong desire to be part of a team working together to overcome obstacles.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Able to communicate effectively with colleagues and management teams.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.