Scientist/Senior Scientist, Genomic Molecular Analytics
Process and Product Development | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
About Allogene Therapeutics, Inc:
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Allogene is seeking a highly determined, results-oriented, self-starter who demonstrates personal accountability for outcomes and is motivated by increasing levels of responsibility, to join a dynamic team responsible for successful development and characterization of clinical-scale manufacturing of Allogeneic Chimeric Antigen Receptor T-cell therapies (Allo CAR T™). The successful candidate should have expert knowledge in scientific principles and concepts of diverse cutting-edge genomics, transcriptomics and epigenomic technologies. He/she will contribute to execution, development, optimization, validation and documentation of new or existing genomics-based analytical method to support characterization, release and stability testing of CAR T products. He/she should be an enthusiastic and flexible team player that will work in close collaboration with key stakeholders, including the CAR T Research and Process Development groups to ensure CAR T analytical needs are met.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Actively contribute to successful and efficient execution of NGS-based pipelines for the characterization of CAR T manufacturing processes and products.
- Development of QC testing methodologies.
- Contribute to collaborate with CROs to identify and implement process improvements focused on quality, turnaround time, and cost.
- Provide analytical support for clinical-scale non-GMP IND-enabling manufacturing operations, including qualification of in-process and release methods and assist in tech transfer internally and externally in support of GMP manufacturing and release of clinical material.
- Contribute to project technical teams to ensure effective communication at all levels. Collaborate effectively to ensure productive interactions with all stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrate strong accountability, organizational and interpersonal skills, and apply sound scientific and technical experience.
- Ensure detailed, accurate, timely documentation in electronic laboratory notebooks and technical reports which support regulatory filings.
- Present data/ strategy to scientists and management in internally.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, biomedical engineering or a related field with 8+ years of experience, Master’s degree with 6+ years of experience, or PhD with 2+ years of experience.
- More than 2 years of hands on experience in specialized NGS assays such as WGS/WES, bulk RNAseq, single-cell multi-omics, targeted panel deep sequencing, SNP and HT qPCR gene expression multiplex profiling. Proficiency in nucleic acid capture, library construction, primer design, target enrichment and enzymatic reactions.
- Experience with platforms from Illumina, Agilent, Nanostring, Qiagen, Roche, Thermofisher, HTG, 10x Genomics, Fluidigm, Takara, etc. is preferred.
- Experience overseeing external vendor process is desired.
- NGS data informatic analysis and interpretation experience is a plus.
- Previous handling of blood samples, working within molecular diagnostics and pharmacogenomics environment is desired.
- Familiarity with cGMPs and relevant Regulatory Guidance documents is desired.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication to work effectively within a collaborative work environment as an individual contributor and as a team member
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.