Scientist/Senior Associate Scientist, Analytical Development
Process and Product Development | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
About Allogene Therapeutics, Inc:
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at a greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We are seeking a highly motivated Associate Scientist/Scientist to join Allogene’s Process and Product Development Group to support the Analytical Development activities. (S)he will play a key role in CART cell therapy related analytical assay development. (S)he will work closely with internal and external partners to ensure the assay development, execution of the release and characterization assay, assay qualification, comprehensive risk assessments, data synthesis that allows for the subsequent analytical assay tech transfer.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in method execution and qualification in support of analytical method development & performance, drug product characterization and product release.
- · Primarily optimize and help qualify analytical test methods involving qPCR and other molecular biology assays, as well as support the development of cell-based and/or immunoassays.
- Document standard operating procedures and experiments with great attention to detail.
- Maintain, calibrate, and operate analytical instruments.
- Work with a cross-functional team to advance the development of Allogene’s CAR-T programs.
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Self-motivated, detail-orientated, and eager to be part of a positive work environment with other researchers to develop allogeneic CART cell therapies targeting cancer.
- Masters with 0-6 years or bachelors with 3+ years of relevant cell biology, immunology or biochemistry experience.
- Cell culture techniques, cell banking and cell bases assay development experience.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with nucleic acid isolations, quantification, and analysis is required.
- Specific experience with quantitative analytical techniques including qPCR, ddPCR, ELISA and fluorescence-based enzymatic assays
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with cell therapy products is a plus
- Working knowledge of Quality control and GMP requirements is a plus
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact the careers email at www.allogene.com for assistance.