Scientist, CAR T Cell Enhancement
Research | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a world-class management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Allogene Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated Scientist to conduct preclinical in vitro and/or in vivo studies to evaluate CAR T cell modifications aimed at enhancing efficacy. The candidate will support the optimization and characterization of CAR T cell enhancements, and contribute to the development of next-generation CAR T cell therapies. The ideal candidate is an individual who is excited to take on new challenges in a dynamic start-up environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Execute in vitro experiments to assess the phenotype, antitumor activity and persistence of modified CAR T cell products
- Cell culture, including cell line maintenance and CAR T cell generation
- Assist with in vivo mouse studies as needed
- Analysis and interpretation of experimental data
- Work collaboratively with other biologists and protein engineers
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and results
- Stay abreast of latest scientific and technology advancements in the field
- Present at group meetings and project team meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related field with at least 5 years of experience or a Master’s degree with at least 3 years of experience in an academic and/or industrial setting
- Academic experience in immunology or cellular biology
- Experience with immunological assays, such as multi-color flow cytometry, ELISA and cytotoxicity, is essential
- Experience with aseptic technique and good cell culture practice is essential
- Experience with mouse handling and in vivo techniques, such as animal dosing (e.g. subcutaneous, intravenous and intraperitoneal), bioluminescent imaging and caliper measurement, is highly preferred
- Experience with viral-based gene editing and CAR T cell generation is preferred
- Experience in molecular biology techniques is preferred
- Proficiency in the use of software tools to support data analysis tasks (e.g., Prism, FlowJo, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- A willingness to learn and adopt new experimental skills as needed
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to maintain detailed documentation
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact the careers email at www.allogene.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.