QC Intern, Microbiology (Summer 2023)
Internships | Newark, CA | Full Time and Internship | From $25.00 to $28.00 per hour
About Allogene Therapeutics, Inc:
Allogene Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company with a single-minded focus on pioneering the development of investigational allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) products for cancer. Led by world-class management with significant experience in cell therapy, our fully integrated, in-house team of researchers is dedicated to discovery and translational research, development, and cell manufacturing.
At Allogene, we are developing a pipeline of off-the-shelf CAR T cell candidates, with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy faster, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
About the role:
Allogene is seeking an Intern to join the Quality Control (QC) Microbiology organization for the Summer 2021. This is an exceptional opportunity to gain experience in a successful clinical-stage biotech company. The primary goal of the internship project is to support Quality Control microbiological testing for clinical and commercial manufactured product such as product testing, utility testing, and environmental monitoring. The Intern will gain advanced, workforce technical skills. This is an exceptional opportunity to gain experience in a GMP Quality Control Laboratory of a successful clinical-stage biotech company
This role will be a hands-on role paid internship reporting to our Associate Director, QC Microbiology. This position is based onsite out of our Cell Forge One, Manufacturing Facility in Newark, CA for the duration of the summer internship.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform environmental monitoring of utilities and facilities
- Perform media growth promotion, gram staining, and microbial ID test methods of isolates per compendial methodologies
- May perform product and raw materials safety testing such as Sterility and Bacterial Endotoxins tests
- Work with internal and external resources to maintain lab in an optimal state
- Execute validation protocols and/or microbiological studies
- Perform other duties, as required
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Major or Minor in a related field such as Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Immunology, Cell Biology, etc.
- Must be a current Undergraduate or Graduate student and have completed at least 2 years of college academic coursework. Must be in good academic standing and be passionate about Microbiology.
- Completed lab coursework in Microbiology with hands-on techniques such as aseptic techniques, gram staining, cell culture methods.
- Have excellent communication skills and ability to work in teams. Must be able to work weekends on occasion and as-needed.
- Have an interest in pursuing a career in Quality Control or Microbiology in the biotech and pharma industries.
- Highly motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment with a desire to learn and tackle new challenges.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Employment is contingent upon completion of pre-hire requirements.
We offer a chance to work with talented people in a collaborative environment. The expected rate range for this role is $25.00 - $28.00 per hour. Actual pay will be determined based on experience, qualifications, geographic location, business needs, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. We also embrace differences in experience and background, and welcome diversity of opinions and thought with active recruitment and internships designed to create a stronger and better Allogene that is focused on developing life-changing products for patients.
Please be aware that the FBI recently issued a warning about an increased number of fake job postings for remote work employment that target applicants' personally identifiable information. All approved Allogene Therapeutics positions are accessible via the Allogene Careers page at www.allogene.com/careers