Project Manager, Discovery
Program Management | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a world-class management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We are seeking a talented, motivated Project Manager, Discovery to join our Program Management Team as a key leader of early phase programs from discovery through Pre-IND planning. S/he will be responsible for actively managing highly technical, cross functional teams to ensure the execution of drug discovery and development programs in a dynamic, collaborative environment. S/he will manage program scope, timelines, deliverables, budget, risks, and decisions and communications
- Coordinates research staff meetings, technical reviews and advisory board meetings.
- Prepares and coordinates research updates.
- Leads research teams to manage the development and execution of discovery programs in alignment with corporate goals.
- Tracks and manages research publications and conference presentations and attendance.
- Accountable as the primary contact for early phase program team related information and for obtaining and maintaining a comprehensive knowledge of the program scope, deliverables, timelines, status and key risks.
- Works with the research team members to facilitate project/program execution from discovery phase through candidate nomination to include Pre-IND activities utilizing project management tools and processes to maintain strategic direction, project schedule/timeline, communications, budget/cost and identify and mitigate risks.
- Facilitates project related decision-making processes by working with the project teams for proposals and resolutions and preparation for senior management review as part of the governance process.
- Leverages input from all critical functions to prepare detailed integrated development plans that maximize the value of the research projects. Defines the project’s critical path with project teams to understand the associated risks and to ensure the projects meet their milestones on time and on budget.
- Manages project team meeting operations including planning agendas, scheduling meetings, preparing minutes, real time editing/directing in meetings as necessary and following-up with team members on critical action items.
- Ensures program team activities and decisions are clearly communicated, documented, and archived.
- Fosters strong relationships and supports effective and impactful communications with management, team members and functional line managers in order to ensure active management of issues/risks/decisions/opportunities for research programs.
- Maintains project-related documentation such as project plans, budget and timelines and project goals ensuring appropriate access
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in life sciences, engineering or related field required (or relevant experience)
- Five+ years of experience in similar role in biotechnology industry
- Cell therapy experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Familiarity with program management software and standard business software
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact the careers email at www.allogene.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.