Product Development Intern, Genomics (Summer 2023)
Internships | South San Francisco, CA | Internship | From $25.00 to $28.00 per hour
About Allogene Therapeutics, Inc:
Allogene Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company with a single-minded focus on pioneering the development of investigational allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) products for cancer. Led by world-class management with significant experience in cell therapy, our fully integrated, in-house team of researchers is dedicated to discovery and translational research, development, and cell manufacturing.
At Allogene, we are developing a pipeline of off-the-shelf CAR T cell candidates, with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy faster, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
About the role:
The summer intern will be assisting in the development of next-generation sequencing assay development. The genomics group is identifying genomic abnormalities through single cell DNA sequencing. The intern will help with the design process, optimization, operation, and analysis of the high-throughput single cell assay.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to assay development to assess any potential genomic abnormalities for the characterization of CAR T manufacturing process and products.
- Generate DNA sequencing libraries on a liquid handler and operate next-generation sequencing instruments.
- Ensure quality documentation of laboratory procedures, analysis, and results.
- Present results and updates at weekly group meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Pursuing a BS or MS in Molecular & Cellular Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, or related field required (or relevant experience)
- Experience with basic molecular biology lab techniques such as PCR.
- Experience with DNA sequencing techniques and automated liquid handlers is helpful, but not required.
- Experience with bioinformatics and/or programming (R, Python, Prism, etc.) is helpful, but not required.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
We offer a chance to work with talented people in a collaborative environment. The expected rate range for this role is $25.00 - $28.00 per hour. Actual pay will be determined based on experience, qualifications, geographic location, business needs, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. We also embrace differences in experience and background, and welcome diversity of opinions and thought with active recruitment and internships designed to create a stronger and better Allogene that is focused on developing life-changing products for patients.
Please be aware that the FBI recently issued a warning about an increased number of fake job postings for remote work employment that target applicants' personally identifiable information. All approved Allogene Therapeutics positions are accessible via the Allogene Careers page at www.allogene.com/careers