Finance | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics is a biotechnology company with a mission to catalyze the next revolution in cancer treatment through the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T-cell (CAR T) therapy directed at blood cancers and solid tumors. Founded and led by former Kite Pharma executives who bring unrivaled clinical development acumen in cell therapy, Allogene is well-positioned to further the potential of allogeneic cell therapy for patients.
Allogeneic CAR T therapies are engineered from cells of healthy donors and stored for “off-the-shelf” use in patients. This approach eliminates the need to create personalized therapy from a patient’s own cells, simplifies manufacturing, and reduces the time patients must wait for CAR T treatment. The Allogene portfolio includes 16 pre-clinical T cell therapy assets and UCART19, an allogeneic CAR T therapy currently in Phase 1 development for the treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). Through its notable partnerships, Allogene leverages pioneering technology platforms, including TALEN® gene editing technology, to progress its portfolio of immuno-oncology therapies. Allogene, with headquarters in San Francisco, California, is a Two River portfolio company formed with one of the largest Series A financings in biotechnology from an investment consortium which includes TPG, Vida Ventures, BellCo Capital, the University of California Office of the Chief Investment Officer, and Pfizer. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
Allogene is seeking a Procurement Coordinator to be responsible for activities related to ongoing supplier management and the execution of the procurement services, materials, and supplies. Individual tasks include supporting vendor negotiations, controlling costs, and executing purchases. The position will be responsible for leveraging tools to provide analysis to support cost effective sourcing and procurement recommendations and decisions, tracking spend, and developing scenario analysis models for future activities. In addition, the Procurement Coordinator will place orders while also driving continuous improvement in systems and procedures.
- Assist with sourcing and contracting with vendors to support ongoing projects and development.
- Execute purchases for direct and indirect materials and supplies for the business.
- Deliver timely, accurate and actionable data and analysis supporting sourcing and procurement initiatives.
- Analyze and trend complex data sets and provide meaningful summaries to drive strategic decisions and support negotiations.
- Work closely with the business to identify business opportunities and support bid/proposal analysis plan.
- Develop, implement and maintain tools for analyzing the supplier portfolio, spend and identify high impact costs reduction activities.
- Perform research on markets, suppliers and materials.
- Collaborate with IT and Business systems team to continuously improve sourcing and procurement systems ensuring compliance.
- Process required reporting as well as fulfill ad hoc reporting needs of the business.
- Identify opportunities for streamlining and optimizing business operation flows.
- BA/BS degree in Data Analytics, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain or Finance, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in data analytics supporting sourcing, procurement and/or supply chain in healthcare environment.
- Demonstrated high degree of proficiency with resource planning software, including inventory management and procurement, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Experience with Sourcing, eProcurement and P2P processes.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work with others to resolve conflict in order to meet objectives.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Requires ability to travel minimum of 10 %.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may email us through our careers website at www.allogene.com for assistance. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.