Principal Scientist, CART Process Development
Process and Product Development | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
About Allogene Therapeutics, Inc:
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We are seeking a highly motivated and collaborative scientist to join the Process and Product Development organization. The successful candidate will be a hands-on scientist and work within a technical team focused on developing and advancing allogeneic cell therapies into clinical and commercial products.
This individual will provide technical leadership of cell culture scale up processes for our ALLO-CART platform production process. In addition, the successful candidate will help in advancing unit operation technology development, process development, process scale up and process parameter optimization. This position will be responsible for communicating with internal and external collaborators and will work in cross-functional teams supporting pre-clinical and clinical programs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the development of allogeneic CAR T processes
- Independently design and execute studies for process understanding and optimization
- Evaluate, develop and implement bioreactor platforms and/or other scalable technologies for allogeneic CAR T processes
- Mentor and train team members and provide effective technical leadership for bioreactor scale up processes
- Participate as process lead in cross-functional, internal and external teams for technical troubleshooting.
- Develop thorough understanding of manufacturing process to support successful launch of late-stage products.
- Build strong cross-functional partnerships with internal and external clients.
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- PHD in engineering, biological sciences, or related discipline, with 8+ years of experience and proven record of related industry experience
- MS or BS in Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Molecular & Cell Biology, Immunology or the related field with 10+ years of relevant experience in industrial cell culture process development
- Extensive experience and knowledge of bioreactor cell culture optimization in cell therapy processes
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work independently as a leader.
- Proven ability to successfully work in a matrixed environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.