Payroll and Equity Plan Administration Manager
Finance | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Position: Payroll and Equity Plan Administration Manager
Location: Remote (Office in South San Francisco, CA)
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as Payroll and Equity Administration Manager. In this role you will drive the development, management and administration of the payroll and stock administrative functions at Allogene. The ideal candidate is experienced in managing equity administration and payroll operations and is passionate about streamlining processes. This position will foster relationships with outsourced providers and with internal stakeholders by establishing and maintaining exceptional business relationships and working collaboratively. It is critical that you are a hands-on manager, who has prior experience in both Equity and Payroll administration. You will report to the Senior Director, Assistant Controller. This is a remote position, but our offices are based in South San Francisco so if you prefer being onsite that can certainly be arranged.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Partner with key stakeholders in our Finance, Accounting, Legal, and HR teams to ensure timely and accurate record-keeping for payroll and equity programs
- Administer Company equity plan including the processing of all employee stock transactions in record keeping systems
- Manage outsourced equity administration and financial reporting teams, ensuring that all equity transactions such as grants, cancellations and exercises, including required regulatory filings, are accurately recorded in a timely manner
- Maintain all aspects of employee stock purchase program which includes leading bi-annual plan enrollment sessions, responding to participant questions, recording all purchase transactions and ensuring contribution elections and changes are processed in payroll and equity systems
- Review and approve all equity related payroll transactions and ensure compliance with tax withholding requirements
- Manage and participate in the entire payroll and timekeeping process, including reviewing, validating and reconciling payroll data to ensure accurate payroll payments, reporting and records on a timely basis
- Manage and execute the 401K process through Fidelity including non-discriminatory testing (NDT) and other compliance reporting
- Ensure payroll and equity records/processes maintain compliance with applicable laws and company policies
- Responsible for period-end close including journal entries and reconciliations for payroll, benefits, and stock compensation
- Prepare or review annual tax-related documents for payroll and equity transactions
- Support internal and external auditors by preparing timely PBC requests and responding to questions
- Comply with company policies, including the performance of SOX internal control procedures with high-quality documentation
- Assist with reporting materials for internal and external parties
- Identify and implement new processes to optimize efficiencies within the payroll and equity-related processes
- Ability to travel to the office as needed (not anticipated to be more than 1 week a quarter, but could vary based on business need)
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of a combination of payroll and stock administrator experience
- CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) and CEP (Certified Equity Professional) desirable
- Experience with US GAAP stock-based compensation standards preferred
- Demonstrated professionalism, reliability, flexibility, attention to detail, and an ability to maintain strict privacy of confidential financial data
- Ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment
- Highly motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment with a desire to learn and tackle new challenges
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.