Legal | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Allogene Therapeutics is a biotechnology company with a mission to catalyze the next revolution in cancer treatment through the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T-cell (CAR T) therapy directed at blood cancers and solid tumors. Founded and led by former Kite Pharma executives who bring unrivaled clinical development acumen in cell therapy, Allogene is well-positioned to further the potential of allogeneic cell therapy for patients.
Allogeneic CAR T therapies are engineered from cells of healthy donors and stored for “off-the-shelf” use in patients. This approach eliminates the need to create personalized therapy from a patient’s own cells, simplifies manufacturing, and reduces the time patients must wait for CAR T treatment. The Allogene portfolio includes 16 pre-clinical T cell therapy assets and UCART19, an allogeneic CAR T therapy currently in Phase 1 development for the treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). Through its notable partnerships, Allogene leverages pioneering technology platforms, including TALEN® gene editing technology, to progress its portfolio of immuno-oncology therapies. Allogene, with headquarters in San Francisco, California, is a Two River portfolio company formed with one of the largest Series A financings in biotechnology from an investment consortium which includes TPG, Vida Ventures, BellCo Capital, the University of California Office of the Chief Investment Officer, and Pfizer. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Description and Responsibilities:
Allogene is seeking a Paralegal to assist with the timely and thorough review, negotiation, and management of Allogene contracts as well as general corporate matters. This position will report directly to the Associate General Counsel. This position will involve familiarity with standard operational agreements such as confidentiality agreements, master service agreements, material transfer agreements, supply agreements, and clinical trial agreements.
- Providing legal assistance to the Allogene Corporate Legal department in drafting and negotiating routine agreements.
- Assisting with the continuing development and revision of standard form agreements and implementation of processes and procedures for review, approval and electronic filing of agreements.
- Maintaining a contract database.
- Interfacing with internal clients and attorneys as well as outside parties in connection with global contract matters.
- Working in an integrated team environment within the corporate legal group while also demonstrating the ability to work independently and escalating issues appropriately.
- Training internal clients on contract forms and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred with a minimum 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in a biotech or pharma company.
- Experience with reviewing confidentiality agreements, master service agreements, material transfer agreements, supply agreements, and clinical trial agreements.
- Knowledge and understanding of global regulations and guidelines.
- Ability to regularly communicate highly confidential information to senior level staff.
- The ideal candidate will be flexible and willing to learn new procedures and skill sets.
- Must be able to collaborate and work with other departments such as Clinical, Commercial, Finance, Research & Development, Manufacturing, and Supply/Purchasing.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and handle multiple contract negotiations simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and related software.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact the careers email at www.allogene.com for assistance. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.