Materials Planner (Contract)
Supply Chain Management | South San Francisco, CA | Contract
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Allogene’s Supply Chain organization is building a world class team that is focused on delivering potentially lifesaving therapies to patients. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as Materials Planner. You will support inventory and materials management for clinical trials, as well as commercial pre- and post-launch readiness activities. You will play a key role in ensuring production readiness from a materials perspective, including facility start up, process tech transfer and validation, routine supply, process changes, and issue resolution. This role will be a hands-on role reporting to our Associate Director, Supply Chain and is based out of South San Francisco, CA.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Support raw and in-process material planning and inventory control in support of insourced and outsourced manufacturing
- Ensure new materials readiness with Manufacturing, Quality, and Warehouse during facility and process start-up phase
- Responsible for meeting supply requirements while balancing facility and resource capacity utilization
- Develop, document, implement, and continuously improve planning and inventory strategies to ensure raw and in-process material availability for all applicable sites
- Execute material requirements planning for multiple manufacturing sites and multiple products
- Manage PO generation, track and manage open orders, and invoicing approvals for raw material procurement
- Ensure a controlled flow of key raw materials timed to support site start up, clinical launch, product transitions, and ongoing supply
- Proactively identify and mitigate any potential supply interruptions
- Interface with all levels of organization, including senior management.
- Coordinate with various functional groups, including Manufacturing, Quality, Regulatory, Clinical Operations, Commercial, Product Sciences, Finance and others.
- Provide timely updates to stakeholders on status of readiness activities and related projects
- Report and escalation on material supply issue and constrains including root cause and preventive actions
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences, Supply Chain Management, Project Management or related business administration is preferred
- Certification in logistics or planning is a plus; Additional specific qualifications in clinical supplies demand and logistics/ or planning management including and APICs, CPIM, and related processional certifications preferred
- 5+ years of experience in an operations role in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry with 3+ years of relevant logistics, planning, or supply chain experience
- Working knowledge of material requirements planning and production scheduling
- Experience working effectively with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within established timelines
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.