Manufacturing Intern, MES Recipe Author & Coder (Summer 2023)
Internships | Newark, CA | Full Time and Internship | From $25.00 to $28.00 per hour
About Allogene Therapeutics, Inc:
Allogene Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company with a single-minded focus on pioneering the development of investigational allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) products for cancer. Led by world-class management with significant experience in cell therapy, our fully integrated, in-house team of researchers is dedicated to discovery and translational research, development, and cell manufacturing.
At Allogene, we are developing a pipeline of off-the-shelf CAR T cell candidates, with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy faster, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
About the role:
The candidate, if hired, will support the Cell Forge One manufacturing departments maintenance and phase implementation of the Manufacturing Execution System (MES) solution in support of the site's automation recipe authoring strategy. By the end of the internship the candidate will have, under supervision of the MES Business Owner and Project Lead authored and developed common objects for the MES library for multiple product platforms.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The candidate will learn the ins and outs of MES recipe authoring and configuration of product recipes.
- The candidate will learn current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) as it relates to authoring product recipes in the MES.
- The candidate will work with Allogene's specific MES solution that utilizes C# and Visual Basic to author recipes in accordance with the manufacturing process and build automation logic between bench top equipment and MES to be stored in the MES common object library.
- The candidate will be working with cross functional SME's according to an established project plan
- They will learn what it takes to author and code common objects for an MES recipe that will be utilized in GMP biopharmaceutical production for an Allogenic Cell Product in an active MES
- They will learn how to maintain and update existing recipe objects as well as build out new processes from templates
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- The candidate should be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited university
- The candidate should be technically inclined and interested in manufacturing engineering concepts and computer systems and design
- They should have an interest in biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
- They should also understand basic computer languages and coding concepts
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
We offer a chance to work with talented people in a collaborative environment. The expected rate range for this role is $25.00 - $28.00 per hour. Actual pay will be determined based on experience, qualifications, geographic location, business needs, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. We also embrace differences in experience and background, and welcome diversity of opinions and thought with active recruitment and internships designed to create a stronger and better Allogene that is focused on developing life-changing products for patients.
Please be aware that the FBI recently issued a warning about an increased number of fake job postings for remote work employment that target applicants' personally identifiable information. All approved Allogene Therapeutics positions are accessible via the Allogene Careers page at www.allogene.com/careers