Finance | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
About Allogene Therapeutics, Inc:
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a world-class management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Allogene Therapeutics is seeking an experienced Procurement Manager to lead Allogene’s Procurement operations. The Procurement Manager is accountable for ensuring company-wide compliance with purchasing policies and procedures, on-time processing of orders to maintain business continuity and seeking opportunities for continuous improvement of existing processes.
This role will work closely with all functions within the finance department, including Accounts Payable, FP&A, and Accounting, as well as across all departments within the organization.
A successful candidate will be able to learn and adapt quickly to the changing nature of the business and work well with cross-functional teams. The Procurement Manager is expected to bring prior experiences to align processes with industry best practices.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the Procurement Team and provide guidance on purchase order set-up to ensure accurate and on-time order processing
- Review and approval of purchase requisitions and purchase orders for accuracy and compliance with procurement policy
- Preparation, review and approval of monthly, quarterly and annual SOX documentation for Procurement processes
- Communication with vendors, including issue resolution, collection of financial documentation, and supply continuity
- Support Accounts Payable, Accounting and FP&A teams
- Review contracts and agreements to provide finance oversight
- Training and education of employees on processes and policies
- Develop strategies for purchasing efficiency and cost reduction
- Drive process adherence and improvement
- Assist with cross-functional requests and projects as needed (eg. supply chain, manufacturing, etc)
Position Requirements & Experience:
- BA/BS degree, or equivalent related experience
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience in procurement/sourcing, with 2+ years of experience managing direct reports
- Experience working in the biotech/pharmaceuticals industry
- Experience with NetSuite or SAP a plus
- Strong customer service orientation and sense of urgency are required
- Strong Excel skills preferred
- Experience with SOX 404b preferred
- Excellent project management and oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Motivated to learn new skills and take on challenges
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S.
As an equal opportunity employer, Allogene Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact the careers email at www.allogene.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.