Manager, Logistics (Contract)
Supply Chain Management | South San Francisco, CA | Contract
Allogene Therapeutics, with headquarters in South San Francisco, is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell (AlloCAR T™) therapies for cancer. Led by a world-class management team with significant experience in cell therapy, Allogene is developing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” CAR T cell therapy candidates with the goal of delivering readily available cell therapy on-demand, more reliably, and at greater scale to more patients. For more information, please visit www.allogene.com, and follow @AllogeneTx on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Allogene is seeking a highly motivated individual with planning, scheduling, logistics and warehouse distribution (inbound/outbound) experience. As the Contract Logistics Manager, Supply Chain, you will interface with a diverse team across Clinical Development, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality, as well as external partners to support the coordination of inbound and outbound logistics activities. This position’s primary responsibility is managing shipment request intake, scheduling, and monitoring the on-time and in-full delivery of all stages of product, raw materials, components and associated samples shipped by Allogene directly, or at the request of Allogene. Additional responsibilities include inventory management, materials handling, and logistics service provider management which includes but is not limited to investigating damaged, lost, and/or temperature excursion events. This is an indefinite contract opportunity in the Supply Chain group. The role will be based headquarters in South San Francisco, CA.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates and monitors all shipment activities initiated by Allogene directly, or at the request of Allogene contract sites.
- Utilizes visual management tools to provide customer and stakeholder visibility to all shipment requests.
- Monitors critical shipments across each leg of transport as required.
- Manages global shipment schedule for all Allogene inbound and outbound shipment requests.
- Ensure all necessary documentation is prepared and coordinated between sites.
- Resolves shipping-related issues with freight forwarders and customs brokers.
- Maintains courier and lane specific metric control plan.
- Coordinate Import/export activities.
- Reports and investigates shipping incidents with Quality Assurance.
- Reviews inventory reports for quantity, lot status, and expiration dates.
- Investigates and resolves inventory discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Develops inventory reports, including inventory reconciliation activities at Allogene and Allogene contract biorepositories as applicable.
- Reviews and revises departmental SOPs to streamline and improve current practices.
- Coordinate deliveries between manufacturing sites and Allogene’s 3PL providers; in some cases, manages physical materials movement and receipt into Allogene facilities and labs.
- Support the evaluation, selection and quality audit of logistic providers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences, project management or related business administration is required with a certification in logistics or planning preferred
- 5+ years of relevant logistics, planning, or supply chain experience, in a pharmaceutical or biotech company
- Experience working effectively with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Working knowledge of material requirements planning and production scheduling
- Strong understanding of cold chain management
- Knowledge and understanding of international pharmaceuticals shipping requirements
- Additional specific qualifications in clinical supplies demand and logistics/ or planning management including and APICs, CPIM, and related processional certifications preferred
- Self-motivated and willing to accept responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Continuous Improvement mindset, with experience leading and/or facilitating Operational Excellence initiatives
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within established timelines
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
This is a Contract position.